My Bredli ate today! First time since I got him.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CV_AUDIO

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share that bit of information with you all! :p I've only had him (unsexed but hopeful) for three weeks however I was getting worried since he did not eat for the first two weeks. Today he was quite sleepy until i started bouncing/moving the pinky all around his click clack, eventually he uncoiled himself and became quite active, very snappy, I was quite excited when he took his first snap. He's a very timid Bredli and has never snapped in these three weeks until today! Took him a while to latch onto the pinky, first time he missed and i dropped it in the middle of his coil. After that he was just snapping at the tweezers and my hand because that's all he could see moving, took me a while to get the pinky back. Half me being a woose and half not wanting to scare him by going in too close with my hand.

He finally got it after a couple more tries and I just sat quietly and watched him eat it. It was truly amazing to watch. After that when I was putting his hide back in his click clack (had to get him out of it to feed him) he was still snapping at me. Finally! (No I'm not a 'my snake bit me, doesn't it love me' person, I know snappy means hungry (in his case))

I'm tempted to feed him a second pinky since it's been so long but would that be the wrong thing to do? I imagine the one will probably be fine but I know I'D be starving after three weeks without food :p Thoughts?

he would have wanted time to settle in first i,d feed him every 7 days

Yeah that's what I've been told, I just wanted him to eat! I plan on keeping to the once a week thing. I was just curious as to whether or not he could do with a second pinky due to the lack of food he's had for the past few weeks.

just the one will be plenty you dont want a fat snake they can go without food for long periods of time so you dont want to over feed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back