New enclosure set up help..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsScott

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Stimson I've had since hatchling (now 1.5 years old) is due a new enclosure (120×60×45). This will be her third encloser. After reading through a number of posts I seem to be much more of a beginner than I thought 😅. I haven't been worried about her humidity levels all too much because she's had none of any bad sheds and eats regularly. Should this be something to pay more attention too? She has never bitten me and is well behaved and yet I still take her out with the hook (is that bad??). How full should her encloser be with hides and what not? And is a UV light a good idea?. I've attached her current enclosure and a recent pic of her :)
Any tips for her new set up would be a great help.
Cheers

Attachments

• enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
if all her sheds have been fine you must be doing it right, so keep it up.
As for using the hook that's fine, I always give mine a rub before picking them up so they know it's not feed time.
Clutter is good, it gives them things to climb over and around. 1 hide in the warm end and 1 in the cool end for a choice.
I know a lot of people say they don't need UV but I think it is beneficial, every reptile in my house gets UV

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back