Nipple Drinkers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about converting all my rodent racks to the gravity fed systems with nipple drinkers. Im just wondering if they are suitable for mice aswell, will they have the strength to use them properly?

Havent actually seen them in person yet so not sure of the pressure required to activate them.

I'm not really sure but I think some may be slightly adjustable, in that you can tighten them up to stop dripping? Do you have an australian supplier in mind as i was considering doing the same thing

I too have thought the same as mice are so much smaller than rats....

We have four different sorts of drinkers and the mice can operate all of them, even the rabbit nipples.

These are the adjustable ones VIXEN and the preasure is strong enough for mice.:):)

Attachments

• 24052009836.jpg
    24052009836.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 169
I highly doubt they will get jammed, unless a rat has a bit stuck to its face and somehow manages to lodge it in there. :lol:

But yes id love to know where to get them aswell Jungles, there is a few overseas for cheap im thinking about ordering, but not sure if they would be adjustable or not.

I have had problems with mice jamming shaving in drinkers and causing flooding. They are available in th States if you want large quantities but distributors in Australia stock them if you only want smaller numbers.They cost about $10 each.

The adjustable ones are Vari-Flo, 3/16" barb cap, all brass, dont get the normal ones. If anybody needs some i sell them time to time $12 each with clip. Much easier system and you dont need the same tubing, just go to bunnings and get irrigation hose

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back