number 2 in food bowl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacey

Reaction score
Hi, I have just recently purchased my baby bearded dragon (5 days so far) and pretty much everyday I notice the only place my baby seems to do his business is in the food bowl. Does anyone have any advice as to why this may be his prefered spot or have I just got an odd dragon? also prob a very silly question, but how often do babies usually go number 2? or does if vary so much depending on the dragon?

water makes em poop in my experience,they **** the bath without fail!!!
more you feed the more they poop.catch 22 really cause they need lots as youngsters

mine poops either in his water dish or food dish, but never in his bath

my pygmies go either in or around their food bowl, not sure why but it might be a territorial thing sorta like 'this is my food in my territory, other beardies better back off' don't know if there is any truth to it but hey

Muppet tends to go to the toilet in the same spot in his enclosure everytime also, but not in his food bowl :p He did the other day go in his water bowl though for the first time.......my bredli chose the same day to also go in her water bowl too! As ajandj's beardies though, Muppet hasnt gone in the bath....yet. I wouldnt worry to much, just clean it out.....or try move the food bowl somewhere else & see if he just likes that particular spot!

Thanks everyone, glad to know its not just my dragon that likes to taint his edible areas :) I'll try moving the bowl and maybe even add another bowl and see if he may like that more to do his business. Thanks again everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back