painteds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMertens

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone help me out with abit more info on cooling pictus?

How long?

Total inactivity? no heat at all or only at night?

I'm keeping day/night cycle atm with heat of a day and night time temp at room temp which aint freezing but probably about 12 or so..

Any help would be great....
Thanks

I have other Ctenophorus dragons. At the moment most of my dragons (the ones that were in good condition before winter) are being kept in tubs indoors with no heat. The only heat that they get is a short period during the day when sunlight comes through the window. Seeing as the dragons are local to here - this makes it easy for me to replicate the conditions in the wild. I'm not sure if living in the tropics would change things.
Turning off the heaters altogether during the winter period works for me. The only thing that you need to be careful of is not to feed the animals during this time. If food is eaten and not digested it can rot inside the lizards stomach causing death.

cheers rockdragon, but how long do you keep heat off them and do you still keep uv on them or are they not active at all?

I keep the heat off until the days start getting longer and warmer, probably until the start of September. Yep you're right, they are not active at all in this time. They have no uv. In saying that, they don't have uv lights in the warm weather either because I put them outside (the best uv!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back