Perks of being a wildcare carer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked with a lot of tawnys, so here goes-Tawnys thrive on a diet of mice and insects(they really like cockroaches)A blue night light on at night in the aviary will attract insects.Tawnys are prone to bumblefoot so different sized and natural perching is the best. Eucalypt branches are also chewed by tawnys and is though to help with their immune system.Tawnys do well under isoflurane anaesthetic as long as they are intubated and breathed for.I just have one question, if the tawny has a broken wing how does he catch insects.Can the wing be pinned?p.s remenber tawnys dont really like heat as their feathers provide excellent insulation.

I have worked with a lot of tawnys, so here goes-Tawnys thrive on a diet of mice and insects(they really like cockroaches)A blue night light on at night in the aviary will attract insects.Tawnys are prone to bumblefoot so different sized and natural perching is the best. Eucalypt branches are also chewed by tawnys and is though to help with their immune system.Tawnys do well under isoflurane anaesthetic as long as they are intubated and breathed for.I just have one question, if the tawny has a broken wing how does he catch insects.Can the wing be pinned?p.s remenber tawnys dont really like heat as their feathers provide excellent insulation.

Cheers mate thanks a ton foe the info.

Answer to your questions, it doesn't catch insects he gets hand fed ATM and i really don't know exactly why he couldn't be operated on. The vet was out when i went in to the clinic so i would assume that it couldn't be pinned and i'm pretty sure there were other problems also.

thats one pretty bird! i would love to get into wildlife rehab, but i dont make the funds that are required :(

thats one pretty bird! i would love to get into wildlife rehab, but i dont make the funds that are required :(

It's not an expensive thing to do. I only care for reptiles and birds cause they are the cheaper ones to look after and i breed rats that i can use as food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back