Post your Cinema Room Setups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Plain_Nuts

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Who is into their movies and home cinemas? Post up pics and explanations. Does anyone have dedicated cinema rooms?

Not in the current house, but when i build i will be having a dedicated room.

At the moment i have a 55 inch Sony LED with a Sony 6.2 Surround sound + Bluray. Nothing too flash but it does the job.

In the new house I'll have a sunken theatre room with two rows of plush recliners (with cup holders of course). The Sony LED will be wall mounted as the 'every day' TV and there will be a motorised screen and projector for movies. Sound system will be worked out... but everything will be discreet i.e. wall/ceiling mounted. Cinema style lights along the bottom of the walls, dimming lights etc etc... its the one room in the house that i want to spare no expense. I even want tacky cinema style carpet (minus the sticky floor).

Im guessing you have a nice setup???

My cinema room

This is my set up that i sorted out with a 42" LCD tv and surround sound....... all set back within a false wall. I like the way it all came together as the feature wall in the room.

Attachments

• PA060008.jpg
    PA060008.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 114
  • PB170012.jpg
    PB170012.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 144
  • PB170015.jpg
    PB170015.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 123
Nice work Congo!! Ive not seen anything like that before and its an awesome idea!!!!

Im planning on incorporating a few reptile enclosures like that in the new house.

Not in the current house, but when i build i will be having a dedicated room.

At the moment i have a 55 inch Sony LED with a Sony 6.2 Surround sound + Bluray. Nothing too flash but it does the job.

In the new house I'll have a sunken theatre room with two rows of plush recliners (with cup holders of course). The Sony LED will be wall mounted as the 'every day' TV and there will be a motorised screen and projector for movies. Sound system will be worked out... but everything will be discreet i.e. wall/ceiling mounted. Cinema style lights along the bottom of the walls, dimming lights etc etc... its the one room in the house that i want to spare no expense. I even want tacky cinema style carpet (minus the sticky floor).

Im guessing you have a nice setup???

used to in my last place. I used to have a small home cinema business so i was quite into it. I cant find the pics but i'll have to look. It had a 3.5m screen dual level seating, 5.2 surround, subwoofer that would rattle the gutters outside. And the whole ceiling had a full Star Wars battle scene complete with to scale ships, characters, 1200 stars and a giant 1 meter death star in the corner....

View attachment 211325

I don't bother with 'home theatre' speakers. I prefer PA speakers.

In this case, a pair of Mackie SRM-450s. 400 watt each - a great way to go deaf.
Running of a DJM-400 mixer with CDJ-200s. Hidden away is a 32 band EQ.

It's a pity the only way to enjoy them is to take them outdoors in the middle of a forest / elsewhere
where you can actually turn them up ;)

I really want some KV2 gear (EX2.2 sub and maybe top boxes), but given the price.. I doubt that will happen for a while.

Thankx guys........ it only took a week to build and about $300 bucks in materials roughly,all Sony gear with a sub at the bottom of the wall that you can feel at your feet in war scene's :) Love my cinema wall hehe

Last edited:
I think when it comes to home cinemas, quite often people overlook one of the simplest of things, acoustic treatment in the rooms. A few well placed bass traps in the corners for standing waves and low frequency and mid frequency trap tiles on the walls where the speakers project the sound to can make even cheap systems sound a hell of a lot better. If you are serious about good sound in there i'd suggest looking it up and making a few as buying them can be quite costly! it really makes a diffrence and in a lot of cases you'll find people will stop complaining it's too loud due to less reflections in the room making it appear that way.

Congo that idea is awesome, i've been scratching my head for some time on how to do mine and i think you hit the nail on the head there, I just don't know about the speakers pointing out on 45 degree angles though.

Andrew

Nothing flash. Just a 100 inch screen and a projector.... does the job, but not state of the art by any means. I'm too poor :( (excuse the bundle of cat 6 cable there. I'm halfway through networking that room so I can access my downloaded material in there.
I'll get some pics of my little bothers theatre room at some stage. It's VERY NICE!!! He's rich lol.
attachment.php

My TV is just a standard Sony bravia, pretty old now. But I'm proud it's on the wall with no cables. Seeing TV's on the wall with visible cables is my pet peeve. So wrong!!!

I have the following connected to the tv:
2 x hdmi (spare plus one from PC to TV)
1 x component (in cupbord for consoles)
1 x arial going to pc then back up to TV
Power

I use the bluray player in the pc as my dvd player and the pc as a media centre for music and downloads. I use my iphone or ipad as a remote. The pc also acts as a tivo, tv guide, internet etc etc... I don't think I could live without a pc connected to my TV now.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back