RIP Threepence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

The family dog of 13yrs had to be put down today :(

She wasn't necessarily sick, but she had no muscle mass in her rear legs and so getting up, sitting down, etc was extremely hard for her and at times painful. She also gave up on food the past few days, so I guess we did her a favour.

It has been the first time in 21yrs that we haven't had a dog as we have always usally had 2. I am thinking it will be atleast 6months before we look at getting another. She was a Curly Coated Retriever, a relatively rare dog.

sorry to hear mate. Hope everything works out ok.

Sorry to hear. It's always a hard decision to make. Retrievers are great dog, so friendly. All the best mate.

Last edited:
putting a loved one to sleep is never an easy decision to make though we do it for all the right reasons

R.I.P. Threepence

**hugs** to all the humans that loved her

Condolences to you and your families loss mate sounds like she was loved and treated with dignity right to the last day. All the best in the coming days/weeks.

I can understand waiting another 6 months - we lost our two dogs relatively close together, and it was at least that amount of time before we got our current mastiff girl. I guess it was just finding the *right* dog. Also, when you have the second dog still alive, there's a bit of pressure to make sure they don't get lonely from the loss.

Putting her down sounds like it was the best way to go - it breaks my heart when I see dogs that are obviously in pain, but still are very eager to please and will put themselves through all kinds of trauma to keep up with the family.

Sad to hear :( Life just isnt the same with out mans best friend. though 13 years is a pretty good run so im sure there were plenty of good memories to keep him with you :)

Sooooooooo sorry for your loss. I think all animal lovers go through that horrible pain from time to time...I know we did...had our girl for 11 yrs....I cried like a baby for about 6 weeks after, she died in my arms, the vet was marvellous. That was a few years ago now. The one I lost about 18 months ago, we said....no more dogs, we'll enjoy our retirement without the tie of a dog....I lasted 4 months and the house was too empty and lonely without one. We had Bearded Collies for years, but I looked up the site of our local rescue centre and found the cutest little ****zu in the world...we hadn't had a little dog before. Roger.....is our baby, we've had him about 18 months, he's 3 - 4 yrs old (not sure) and he's filled our lives with love again. You will love again, but you'll never forget the one you've lost....they are part of the family. Hugs, Annie xx

Condolences mate, never easy loosing a pet, especially if they're pretty much part of the family. All the best in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back