Self built melamine 4x2x2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one thing for next time.Better to build them with the sides and back sitting on the floor as opposed to them being screwed into the sides of the floor.

Why is that ? Most (if not all) of the homemade enclosure's I've seen have been built the same way as OP ?

all mine are built how Ramsayi has said, that way there is more support. The wood is resting on a vertical as well as held into place by screws as opposed to being held up by screws alone.

melamine

Just wondering, but where's you get the melamine from? I've been meaning to build the same enclosure, but in black, and all the wood has come to about $90 so far.
PM me if you prefer!
Looks great, and relatively easy to do. I should be able to manage...with some help from a few mates!

you can buy melamine for Bunnings and they cut to size for you.

all mine are built how Ramsayi has said, that way there is more support. The wood is resting on a vertical as well as held into place by screws as opposed to being held up by screws alone.

best way to be built as it gives more support if placing things on top such as other enclosures. If not, then you wouldn't need to worry about it

Laminated... ok. But you certainly don't need laminated glass for that sized enclosure, 5mm clear float is perfect and a lot cheaper.

Jamie

Yeah I know, I wasnt aware I was buying laminate until after it was cut for me, should have been more specific with the glazier, lesson learnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great but what are you putting in there?? I would put bigger air vents in.

It's for my 5+ft female Bredli.
It has more vents in it now, just didn't at the time the last photo was taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Just one thing for next time.Better to build them with the sides and back sitting on the floor as opposed to them being screwed into the sides of the floor.

Agreed, but this is a stand alone floor level enclosure so I'm not too fussed.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought I'd post up the finished product!

Love that I have somewhere for my cow skull now. Gonna put in a few branches for climbing/perching in a day or two as well.

IMG_1508.jpgIMG_1509.jpgIMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back