Setting up blue tongue tank.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plzcallmejess

Reaction score
I finished making my housing for my blue tongues today. It is an aquarium which I cut the side off and done some cutting and re attatching of glass. The tank is now 4 foot long by 2 foot deep. It is about 40cm high. I have been doing a lot of research and one thing I read is that they need an area kinda like a sauna for when sloughing? I was thinking of making a kinda pond area about 20cm round, that way they can drink out of it or get in it. Will this be enough? I would love to incorporate java moss in the tank somewhere, is that possible?

Jess

All they need is a water bowl large enough for them to get into, one of the large exo-terra dishes would be alright. But if notice they aren't shedding properly then just give 'em a spray with some water in a spray bottle.

Your bowl/pond thingo would be alright as long as they could easily get out of it.

Yeah I realise it should only be shallow so I'm thinking I might get a square 4-5 litre ice cream container and heat the sides up so that I can bend them over and on an angle to make it easy to climb in and out of and then silicone rocks to the outside to make it a little more realistic looking. Might also get osme larger pebbles to put on the bottom of it inside too so they can wade thru the water. My male bluey loves the water.

It might be easier just to get a ceramic dish or something of the sorts, or an exp terra dish or something

never seen either of my eastern blueys in water? and they both have a dish large enough for them to get into, strange haha I didnt know this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back