Shinglebacks diet...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe404

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically I feed my two Shinglebacks every couple of days (weather permitting) on left over/uneaten fruit/veg/salad.

Once a month I will give them a Weaner Mouse each so that they get some 'meat' or 'prey', as such.

My question is:

Should i be incorperating more meat into their diet or do you think it is okay as is? And should I feed them dusted Crickets/Woodies?

They are outside so they get all of their heat and the majority of the Vitimins/D3 from the Sun.

Nah, I don't think they need more. I rarely feed mine mice. Yes feed them dusted insects, or sprinkle calcium on their veggies. I feed mine a diet of mostly veggies, fruit and flowers. And feed them insects less often.

mine get a few snails every few weeks, and the occasional roach when i feel like risking my fingers,...aside from that is mostly greens/veg/fruit etc,..

Thanks guys. Will take the advice on board.
I was worried about being bitten to start with, but not anymore.
I hand feed them every time, so I've just gotten used to it.

No prob :)
They have a pretty strong bite on em. Mine are great, gentle lizards. Great feeders too.

lol, mine forget to be gentle when theyre super excited, they go absolutely crazy over roaches,....

Lol, oh yeah mine are the same when it comes to roaches or crickets. Mine love a good massage on the head though. They go to sleep lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back