Snake vivarium varnish details

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadeqbk

Jungle wade
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm building a new snake vivarium from an old set of cupboards and I'm just wondering about the outside and a little on the inside being varnished. The varnish has been set for quite a few years and just wondering if this will still affect my python (jungle carpet). Do I need to sandpaper the inside or not?
I know I will have to cure untouched wood and was also wounding the best was to do so? How can I seal inside wood?
TIA Jungle Wade...

Attachments

• 20230613_140444.jpg
    20230613_140444.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230613_140400.jpg
    20230613_140400.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
The old varnish will not matter and if you use water based varnish/sealer inside you will have no problem, just let it air out for a week or so till there is no smell

The old varnish will not matter and if you use water based varnish/sealer inside you will have no problem, just let it air out for a week or so till there is no smell
Cheers mate, I'm building it really early so will have plenty of time to air out, thanks for you input. šŸ‘ šŸ šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘

personally i would knock off all the cross beams and just coat the inside with a water seal paint, then silicone/sikaflex the edges and turn the front into a massive glass sliding door opening

Back