spider id

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elapid@

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
found this out on my parents property via bathurst this spider was very large almost the size of my hand very thick legs and body also very placid im thinking some type of huntsmen or wolf spider but just a guess for me as i know nothing about spiders, so some one who could identify this spider would be great....left it where i found it also spectacular the way this spider blends in the back ground with its surroundings very impressive......2013-08-24 15.24.04 spider.jpg

second pic

may help .......was also missing a leg if you have a good look you will see the size of it when you zoom in....:)2013-08-24 15.23.53 spider 2.jpg

The two rows of four eyes and the forward bending leg shown in the first pic indicate it is a huntsman. I would agree that it is a Holoconia species but which one I don't know. Holoconia immanis (Grey Huntsman) has been suggested and H. insignis (Banded Huntsman) is another very likely contender.

Wildthings, your local wolfies might be that colour underneath but this is certainly not generally the case.

Elapid, I assume you fed it the beetle larva.

Blue

The two rows of four eyes and the forward bending leg shown in the first pic indicate it is a huntsman. I would agree that it is a Holoconia species but which one I don't know. Holoconia immanis (Grey Huntsman) has been suggested and H. insignis (Banded Huntsman) is another very likely contender.

Wildthings, your local wolfies might be that colour underneath but this is certainly not generally the case.

Elapid, I assume you fed it the beetle larva.

Blue
no it was already there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back