Sulphur-crested cokatoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how to sex one? I am looking after one for my brother for a while, and would like to know. He / she is just gorgeous, likes to sit on your lap on the couch and cuddle and have a massage! :) Unreal!

Look at the Seer (lump thing above beak) if it's blue it's a boy if it's pink/cream it's a girl.

Not sure if it works for cocky's but thats how you do it with a budgie.

it has something to do with the rings in the eyes, will try to find out for you.
cheers:)

galahs are a cocky species......but im not sure if it is true for the sulfurs.
they do have loads of character :D

Both adult sulfur crested cockatoos have a brown eye.Young ones have a lighter brown.(In galahs female eye red)The only way to tell is to surgically sex it,or DNA test,or it may even lay eggs if female.

Oh sorry. I just keep and breed these birds. Looks like I have no idea what im doing. :?
Brendan

What a beautiful bird.

Unfortunately, the only ones i've dealt with have all had beak and feather and had to be euthanased :( (WIRES member)

whats beak and feather?

Cheers Brendan. Guess he'll just be Charlie then.

Phisttacine beak and feather disease. Is a disease common in white cockatoos. Basically there beaks become overgrown and spastic and there feathers become brittle and break. The bird usually ends up dieing as it cannot feed itself due to the misshaped beak. These are offen spotted walking around in the wild. People mistake them as "old" cockatoos.

Suppose i should of wrote." Wait until sexual maturity." oops

thanks BrendanS, i have a 18 month old Sulphur Crested Cockatoo and he/she is beautiful. He will cuddle and give kisses, lift his wing for a scratch and says the names of 2 of my kids, what ya doing, scrath scratch scratch and kiss cocky kiss... i love him to bits. the only thing i don't love is the screeching in the early hours of the morning, like 6am when he says what ya doing and i try really hard to explain that i am sleeping and he has to shut up. It just doesn't work though. Now I know how to sex him/her i may get right and find he is in fact a she... poor bird i hope it doesn't end up with a complex
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back