Underweight geckos...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordant

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I recentlypurchased 4 geckos, 2 adult southern spotted and 2 baby eastern stone, one of each of them is underweight, and there is crickets in their cage and also water and plenty of hides, the other of each is thriving and are eating like pigs. What do i do to get them back upto weight ?

You could seperate them untile they are back up to full health an that way you know how much they are all eating

Sound's definitely like a dominance issue. Separate them in there own tub's and just feed them as normal.

Do you know if they drink from the water?
Dehydration can lead to lack of appetite.

Like others have said separating them is the best course of action. I suggest you feed them in separate enclosures so that way you know how much they ate. Another reason to feed in a separate enclosure or plastic tub is stress. Uneaten prey can and will stress a gecko out. I feed in my enclosures, but I take out any uneaten roaches/crickets after 30 minutes. I hope this helps.

They very rarely drink from standing water. They need to be sprayed with water as they drink the droplets. Also spray the side of the enclosure as well as the animal. Separate.

Would handfeeding via a syringe a paste of wombaroo reptile suppliment and liquid calcium help build up an undersized gecko ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back