Unhappy Ebayers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roach911

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anybody had any unfortunate events on ebay recently.
Any regarding reptile books or magazines, just checking as i and another have purchased and had some unfortunate outcomes with someone we have delt with.
Have paid and been waiting for two weeks with no outcome, same thing with a friend of mine who is on the other side of aust and im in perth. It wasnt an international purchase either.
Checked on ebay to send him a mesage and he is no longer a registered member.

Thanks before hand

i bought a book from there one day but i didnt realise it was an ebook :( so i couldnt save it or put it to disc and one day i deleted it by mistakeit cost me $10 for a bloody email thinking it was a normal book :(:(:(:(:(:(

Yes this has happened a few times to us as well over the last couple of years!!unfortunatly because they were not too expensive there was not much we could do about it.

If you haven't already, get yourself a Paypal account. Make payments through that, and if there is a dispute, the people at Paypal are able to recover your money for you even if the seller is no longer a registered member. Majority of seller use Paypal, but for those who don't, you'll just have to take your chances and hope they are honest.

I agree with elapid,getting a paypal account is a good idea,and make sure you alway,s check the sellers feedback and if your worried about them at all just bide your time until the product you want comes up again with another seller,it usually does.

i bought a pokemon game as part of my sons 8th birthday present and the scum bag didn't post the item, he did it to three other people too.
needless to say my little boy was heart broken. what an (deleted)...

Two days ago it happened to me... Not herp related but i bought a ps2 game for my son and cause the seller didnt quote a postage amount in the auction i sent my postcode before i bid for a quote... I was happy with the $4.20 he quoted, i bid and won the item.
Then when i had won he doubled the postage on me.
Now i dont mind paying 8 or 9 postage if quoted that in the first place but i dont like to be blaytantly ripped off. So i told him to lower the postage to the first agreed quote or shove the item...
he sent me back just two words.....I dont need to repeat them here but you can imagine what they were....
I would rather go to a game shop and pay more for the item than to deal with someone like that.

The best thing you can do is check the seller's or buyer's, for that matter feedback.

You might find this handy, type in their ebay username and it will show you neg feedback received or left by that person, it is a lot quicker than doing it through ebay.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

Good luck

yer i brought some games for my son at easter insted of eggs and i wanted to pay for registered mail and 2 of them sent them just in the post and then if you bag them out thay don,t give you a good rating for paying fast ebay suck,s it,s for seller not the buyer and nother game import turner the guy said no scracths good condition when i got it had scraches all over it still worked but i payed 69.00 10.00 for mail he is a first time seller and he said that i paid but ,im going to give him a bad rateing for lyeing don,t rip my son off i bite

For a nother 2 or 3 bucks you can get the item registered and that way you have a tracking number.
Still, probably doesn't help if the seller hasn't even sent it!! ;(

I only deal with sellers that use Paypal. I only deal with sellers that have a very high feedback score and high sales. Never ever had an Ebay problem.

Awesome, good news.
I manageg to contact the seller today and what i was hoping happened did.
It hadnt been sent yet. It will be on its way 2moro so it should hopefully arrive within the week.
Hopefully all goes well and there is no more problems.
I usually only go for people with good rep but its hard when you really want something and
especially if you have been burned before.
Thanks all.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back