wanted - pet stories

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsDragonLady

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone is interested - I just found this

My name is Jodie O’Brien. I am a journalist and an animal lover who is looking for submissions for a book I am working on about beloved pets or even just any unique stories about animals. I am looking for stories about dogs, cats, horses, cows, goats, ferrets, ducks, rats, birds, rabbits, even reptiles or any other type of pet you or anyone you know might have!
It will be a compilation book about pets and I will be editing.

If you have a favourite story you would like to share, please write something up and email it to me with your name (and a publishable photo of the animal, if possible). It doesn't have to be long - it can be as short or long as you like. It doesn't even have to be just one story - you can submit as many as you like, or combine them all into one.
The stories can be funny, sad, heart-warming or anything – i.e. if it’s a story/anecdote you thought was worth telling someone about when it happened, etc. then it’s worth jotting down.
The animals don’t have to be your current ones – they can be long deceased pets you have fond memories of, pets from childhood, etc.

-------- if successfully published; your name will appear as the author of that particular chapter about your animal and you'll have a book keepsake!
Please let me know if you are interested in participating on this project ASAP. Also, PLEASE feel free to pass this on to any friends who you think might be interested.
My email addy is: [email protected]
I look forward to reading your pet stories!
Thanks heaps.
smile.gif

Jodie O’Brien
Brisbane, QLD.

click here for the full request:
http://www.horsecentre.com.au/forum/non-horse-chat/431-looking-horse-other-stories.html

I sent these three stories

Bazza,
We never thought that Bazza was the brightest of all dogs. He was a German Short Haired Pointer Cross. He lost one of his front bottom K9 teeth after running of a cliff into a shallow creek bed, so his tongue would hang from his mouth at a funny angle. Anyway, Bazza loved to race cars to the end of our suburban street. One friend in particular noticed that he always knew which corner to cut at the end of the street, right if you were going right and left if you were going left. Johnny tested his theory one day by putting his left blinker on and turning right. Sure enough Bazza went left. After a quick U-turn he was back on the chase, but never did trust Johnny again.

Cricket
The same Johnny had a dog called Cricket. They lived on a few acers at the back of Wallsend in Newcastle, and kept a couple of dairy and beef cattle, and some horses. Cricket, being a tan Kelpie, would round the lice stock up, chase kids and cars, and make a general nuisance of himself. The dad convinced the family that cricket had to go. So he took him to the local RSPCA. A couple of days later they saw Cricket sitting on the corner a few blocks from where they lived. Figuring that if he had escaped that he deserved a second chance they took him home again. Now Cricket lived a long time and did not age quite as expected. To this day they are still not sure if they got the original Cricket back, or another tan Kelpie.

The Gunie Pig
My brother and the next door neibour were playing on the lawn with the neibours new pet Guinie Pig when his dad started the mower near them. The Gunie Pig, frightened by the noise bolted for the nearest dark opening it could see. Unfortunatly this was the grass schute on the mower. “Ohh dad !”. Two traumatised little boys, and no more gunie pig..

:oops: OK I have worder something wrong again!

I am NOT Jodie O'Brien. I read her request and started the thread to let others know what she wanted.

Sorry to those who responded but hey it was great reading your stories.

Now please read the blue print in the initial request and check out Jodie's link.

I sent my stories to Jodie O'Brien. . . . and posted to share with AP&S.

Cheers

I sent my stories to Jodie O'Brien. . . . and posted to share with AP&S.

Cheers

Thank You for sharing your stories with us Tinky

I realized you understood my thread when you titled your reply - 'I sent these three stories'

I did give someone the impression that I wanted the stories so I thought I should clarify with the follow-up posting.

I would love to hear other's stories here too. May even post a couple of mine.

Hi everyone, this IS Jodie O'Brien LOL. Thanks heaps for your stories, sorry haven't had a chance to respond via email yet. Thank you for your interest, please keep the stories coming for anyone else interested! :)

Cheers,
Jodie :)

Just bumping this up for those who haven't seen it ...

I think it is a great opportunity to have our experiences with animals published :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back