What's your worst first day at work?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21577771-5001028,00.html

A 17-YEAR-old rookie plumber has burned down a £5 million ($12 million) waterside mansion in southwest England, after a soldering task during his first day on the job went horribly wrong.

The historic mansion in Kingswear, Devon, was undergoing a £2 million renovation when a fire ripped through the eight-bedroom house overnight.

In just minutes it burned it down to the ground.

It is thought the fire started after polystyrene insulation caught alight from the flame of a blow torch.
The plumber was working for a firm of sub-contractors.

John Howes, of the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, said the plumber was "very upset", according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

"It appears at this stage that this was an unfortunate plumber who was soldering in the roof space of a large building, which was undergoing total renovation".

"We think a blowtorch may have set light to expanded polystyrene foam in the roof space"

More than 60 firefighters were called to the listed building to fight the blaze.

No one was hurt.

One neighbour said: "I heard it was started by a teenager on his first day. You have to feel sorry for the poor lad. He must feel terrible," the Daily Mail said.

Apparently the millionaire owner, Andrew Brownsword, wasn't very happy either. But his spokesman said Mr Brownsword believed there was no malice involved.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I don't think anybody's first day is going to top that one.

my worst first day, i just got a job panel beating (thank god im out of that line of work) & i walked through the roller door & bashed the top of my head into the roller door. It made a loud bang & i could see everyone judging me.

my worst first day, i just got a job panel beating (thank god im out of that line of work) & i walked through the roller door & bashed the top of my head into the roller door. It made a loud bang & i could see everyone judging me.

And they're doing it again :p

I've never had a bad day at work hahahaha!

Well - there was this one time - wasn't my first day, but it was my first year teaching - I had taken my Year 11 Physics exams home ot mark them... And one guy who had been struggling scored top in the class. So I kept it aside, and in bold writing ont he front wrote Excellent, Well done - that's a fantastic mark!

Anyhow it was seperated from the pile so I could get to it first when I gave them back the next day... But when I woke up and was ready and energetic for my big day of teaching I noticed a faint smell of cat vommit... The cat had vommitted all over this guys exam!

Guess I did go a bit easy on the marking...

i got a job as a cook at a chineese restarant funny that im not even a cook or chineese. anyway as you would guess i didnt last long. it was funny but.

I routed a chunk out of the pad of my F you finger and showed all the guys at work and they just laughed and said "it realy hurts when you rout off a nail". about 1/2 an hour later I showed them my other finger and said " is that what you mean". I put a 5mm pencil round cutter down the length of my finger which ripped the entire nail off....After that I decided to go to the doc...

Could have been worse, one guy at work is missing 3 fingers off one hand thanks to a spindle moulder...Gotta love wood working machinery!!

My first worst day at work was when I began working with the disabled. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I spent half the day with someone staring at me, smiling while he slammed a door into his own head.'

I left feeling quite weird and depressed

I was starting as a tradie in an aircraft maintenace hangar and was told to give the windscreen of a helicopter a good scrub...I grabbed a green scourer type thing and the chemical they told me to do it with...I thought it was thick glass that wouldnt scratch...Oh how i was wrong, the whole half of the chopper windscreen was severly scratched up...Being in Broome a new windscreen had to come from over east and they are made out of some "special" material and it cost a fair bit of $$$$ later to get a new one...

Regards...
Ash...

his insurance wouldnt cover that. only cover you for 5 million in aus

I was starting as a tradie in an aircraft maintenace hangar and was told to give the windscreen of a helicopter a good scrub...I grabbed a green scourer type thing and the chemical they told me to do it with...I thought it was thick glass that wouldnt scratch...Oh how i was wrong, the whole half of the chopper windscreen was severly scratched up...Being in Broome a new windscreen had to come from over east and they are made out of some "special" material and it cost a fair bit of $$$$ later to get a new one...

Regards...
Ash...

Lucky for taxes;)

My first day working at the Queens Stud I walked a mare that was in season through the stallion stables. BIG no no, needless to say the stallions took a while to settle after that, as did my nerves. Thankfully it was only work experiemce, so they couldn't sack me, hehehe!

They had a similar discusion as this on the radio this morning and someone had done the same thing as ash but to a few boats, so it probably isnt that uncomon lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back