Who attended ANZAC commemorations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DID you attend an ANZAC day service ???

• Yes - Dawn Service

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Yes - Commemoration (Other)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Yes - March

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to be very obvious for the majority it is a day off work, a chance to sit around drinking beer and an opportunity for all politicians to score points.

Memories of going to the shrine in Melbourne when i was a toddler with my dad (rip).He was veteran of WW2 in New Guinea.
I was driving when the bugle sounded at 11am and I felt silly as I got a tear in my eye.
I had to pull over...amazed at what the sound of taps had done to me, i can only try to imagine what memories it must bring back for the people who were there.
Lest we forget

i went to dawn service i think every aussie should do something like that without them there would be no australia

I go to the dawn service every year without fail. I have a great deal of respect for the sacrifices people have made for the country, and always get goosebumps and a tear in the eye during the last post.

I agree with you 100%

I traveled to Glen Innes which is 500km away from here, I participated in the Dawn Service, the march and a lunch with the Diggers and the Mayor. As a RAAF member It is our duty to go to the services but I still would even as a Civilian. Chatting with the old men and women of the forces is a big buzz for me , The RSL always looks after us and it normally turns out to be a great day. Sometimes the boys do get a bit out of control, but decent commanders can prevent most serious incidents from occurring. All the guys and girls on my trip were well behaved. If there is anyone on here from Glen Innes, Cheers for the good time.

Lest we Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back