Wild Frillnecks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy :) A friend spotted something moving at the base of a tree when we were eating dinner outside the college dining room.. Me being me, I went to investigate and found out it was a frilly :) Went and grabbed my camera and went back out, and noticed there were actually two. Crappy pics, I apologize, but they're pics none the less! These were taken when it was getting on dark, hence the quality. Are these guys normally out this late? also, the patterns on their backs wern't visible, and the backs were a pale greyish colour, is this just because the sun had gone down and they were getting cooler? The last pic is of a frilly in the same area (back of the college) with the patterning I'm talking about.

a-2.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

b.jpg

compare.jpg

I have plenty more wild frilly pics, have been posted here before :) if anyone else has frilly pics, feel free to post!

Nice, love the black tail :D Makes me want a Frilly!

Thanks for sharing

They are beautiful, thanks for sharing.

they are awesome little fellaz.. my frend got 1 not too long ago... its great.
awesome pics mate ..thnx 4 sharing:D

Great pics Laura.
As Frillies mature, they lose their pattern.
Im guessing the 2 you saw were young adults in their 1st breeding season.

That'd make sense, in regard to the patterning. The only thing is, though, that the animal in the bottom pic here was actually larger than both of the ones that I saw recently (the top pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back