Hatchie eats thermometer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That so funny (knowig that he's ok now)
That would of looked so strange to see him strike and constrict the thermometer. It must of smelt real good.

Mercury Update. He seems fine and I have feed him. (a big fuzzy not a thermometer) Maybe the thermometer did have the last Fuzzie scent on it?? He and his brother will be in the for sale section in a week or two. I will just make sure he is 100% before selling him. Dave

I have often wondered about the risk of snakes eating cage furnishings and have been rather paranoid about it happening just in case.

Thank Mercury for me, he has made me realise my paranoia wasn't in vain.

Great pics, he manages to look so offended !

HAHAHA

:lol:

LOL. Heard about a documentary of a vet in the states that had to surgically remove a heat mat from a large python all that was hanging out was the chord.

Some people have problems getting hatchies to feed but not you even eats the furniture:lol:

Must tell me your secret:lol: Ha Ha
thanks for the laugh good to here he is OK.

You know what I was expecting when I saw this... it must be me being a negative nancy... The first thing I thought of course was what was the snakes internal temperature... but... I was expecting a whole bunch of flaming for soem strange reason on this thread... Anyhow, rather pleased it didn't happen...

I have suggestions tho - if you're at all keen... It's better to get a Min - Max thermometer... they're too large for a snake to consume as a hatchy and you can tell what the min temp was overnight when you can't keep an eye on it or the max temp during the heat of the day - also (possibly) when you can't keep an eye on it. And then make adjustments accordingly....

That thermometer must have been asking for it tho... :p

How the hell did i miss this thread.............What the!

Donk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back