• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Accessories For Sale Reptile Australia Magazines - Central Coast, NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim.Arm

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As you can see in the pictures, i have a total of 34 Magazines for sale. 28 of them are Reptiles Australia. They produced 33, the ones i dont have are Volume 1; Issue 1, Volume 5; Issue 6, Volume 6; 1 to 3. Also as you can see 6; Scales & Tailes magazines. Im selling them all together for $200, it works out to be $6 each mag. Will not split them up. These are highly sourt after, rarely pop up for sale and when they do they sell for much more, look at Ebay right now for the ones being sold. These magazines will only continue to appreciate in value. If you are interested then please DM me, cheers.

Attachments

• 20230503_111125.jpg
    20230503_111125.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230503_111423.jpg
    20230503_111423.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230503_112419.jpg
    20230503_112419.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
A pity you didn't put this up 6 months ago, I would have snapped it up. I have managed to get 25 of the Reptiles Australia through 5 or 6 purchases but got a few doubles due to bulk purchases . I had never heard of them before that. I do have the complete set of Scales though.

I have a copy of volume 1 issue 1 if anyone is seeking it to go with this set. I probably have the other missing issues too, though they'd be deep in storage somewhere.

I have a copy of volume 1 issue 1 if anyone is seeking it to go with this set. I probably have the other missing issues too, though they'd be deep in storage somewhere.
did you write an article in #1 ? I know you did in a few of the others. I am missing #1 ( as well a few others as I was late to the party)

did you write an article in #1 ? I know you did in a few of the others. I am missing #1 ( as well a few others as I was late to the party)

I didn't write any articles in the first year. At that time I was supporting the VHS magazine and wasn't particularly impressed with the quality of Reptiles Australia. A change of management dramatically changed the quality of the magazine and I then started writing for them, and continued until the final change of management (at that stage I pretty quickly put as much distance between myself and the magazine as possible, though amusingly they continued to put my name in it as an editorial consultant or something similar for several more issues... I was almost tempted to ask them for payment if they still considered me to be contributing! Haha!)

It sure was a fun time back when we had magazines. I'd have kept writing for them if the internet hadn't killed them all off.

It sure was a fun time back when we had magazines. I'd have kept writing for them if the internet hadn't killed them all off.
For all the good things the interweb has given us it has taken away a similar amount. magazines gave us facts whereas the net gives us "facts" from 5 minute experts . I don't pretend to be an expert, I've only been serious about reptiles for 20 years or so. I'm an amateur but I like to learn about my scaley friends

For all the good things the interweb has given us it has taken away a similar amount. magazines gave us facts whereas the net gives us "facts" from 5 minute experts . I don't pretend to be an expert, I've only been serious about reptiles for 20 years or so. I'm an amateur but I like to learn about my scaley friends

Absolutely. There is so much more information available now than ever before, but it has been diluted by a far greater amount of misinformation and the vast majority of people lack the ability to discern fact from fiction or credible from garbage, meaning people are actually far less well informed than before. Any idiot can put up a web page or post incessantly all over the internet, but you had to know what you were doing to have much chance of getting anything published in physical print.

Back