Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through keeping and breeding australian pythons and it has a section on olive pythons and it has a list of sicknesses that they get. Do they get sick easily? or is that just an unlucky clutch of eggs? sorry for being off-topic and not posting a pic of an olive.

heres a pic i took of this evil snake :)

SDC11595.jpg

RBB is right, KRIS you are a bloody show off.... lol
i do love the albinos....kris u can slip me one for xmas. thanks love. lol

SNAKELOVE - i really dont know how to answer that question, i havnt heard of that.... i know all snakes can get diseases...but i never hav heard of olives having a different set of diseases to get....i thought they were pretty hardy snakes. ... maybe someone with more knowledge can answer
cheers
mel

How could you post a picture of a snake that looks like that Ssssmithy...would it be older than 4year old...Very nice Olives everyone...MARK

I read through keeping and breeding australian pythons and it has a section on olive pythons and it has a list of sicknesses that they get. Do they get sick easily? or is that just an unlucky clutch of eggs? sorry for being off-topic and not posting a pic of an olive.

From what I understand of that article, which I have read several times, it was specific to that colony of olives, their conditions and food source. Don't worry olives can take a lot of punishment, their built like tanks

RBB is right, KRIS you are a bloody show off.... lol
i do love the albinos....kris u can slip me one for xmas. thanks love. lol

SNAKELOVE - i really dont know how to answer that question, i havnt heard of that.... i know all snakes can get diseases...but i never hav heard of olives having a different set of diseases to get....i thought they were pretty hardy snakes. ... maybe someone with more knowledge can answer
cheers
mel
yeah i thought they were pretty hardy too from what a lot of people on here say. =)

From what I understand of that article, which I have read several times, it was specific to that colony of olives, their conditions and food source. Don't worry olives can take a lot of punishment, their built like tanks
oh okay. well that's good to know. I would love to get my hands on an olive one day.

How could you post a picture of a snake that looks like that Ssssmithy...would it be older than 4year old...Very nice Olives everyone...MARK

If that is the animal I think it is, it is coming up to 2 year old.

nice one kris, it's snakes like that which keep me motivated to stay at work. one day.

nice olives everyone.

hey Melgalea, not only is my olive great around my dog but my bredli is not bothered about her either...
and my dog is not bothered about them....
although i wouldnt trust them when their bigger...
just incase..

nice one kris, it's snakes like that which keep me motivated to stay at work. one day.

nice olives everyone.

i agree Stu, one day. lol. but i have told kris i am expecting one for xmas....god help him he better follow through with it. lol

My Girl

4 year old Female

Attachments

• DSC_2699.jpg
    DSC_2699.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 404
gorgeous olive Mulgaboy..
gazman - ur dog is very trusting. lol
great pics everyone , keep em coming..

Here's my guys oviously yet too hatch, at the moment thou im calling them 'white olives' by the way there colouration is...... hehehe

Attachments

• Snakes 006.jpg
    Snakes 006.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 411
If that is the animal I think it is, it is coming up to 2 year old.
Thanx Warwick,looks really white thats all,as someone mentioned to me previuosly they generally go that pure white after about 4years,without the yellow tinge....MARK

yep that's her warwick, massive for her age.

Haha mel u wish =P I wish someone would give me one for xmas too!! lol

Thanx Warwick,looks really white thats all,as someone mentioned to me previuosly they generally go that pure white after about 4years,without the yellow tinge....MARK

It appears colour changes with size or perhaps maturity. The animal pictured was 4.5 kilos at 15 months of age and as you say looks white instead of cream. The animal mated at 18 monthes although did not concieve so it is possibly immature. There are lots of matings in mature animals which dont result in fertile eggs. That is the challenge of reliably breeding Olives.

It appears colour changes with size or perhaps maturity. The animal pictured was 4.5 kilos at 15 months of age and as you say looks white instead of cream. The animal mated at 18 monthes although did not concieve so it is possibly immature. There are lots of matings in mature animals which dont result in fertile eggs. That is the challenge of reliably breeding Olives.
They certainly dont muck around when it comes to growing,i gather theres no difference with normals-albinos.So in your opinion do you think in this case it was more its size than its age when it came to mating,was the partner a defiant breeder,or first timers for both..Either way its a very impressive animal,i just love the pure white....As far as im concerned its like having a Rolls Royce or a Volkswagon.....MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back