Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i meant in snappiness hornet - although i think the longer and skinnier comment applies to people too - and my girl is a fatty relative to my boy.. so he's probably right there.

Females

whats the diffrence with male and femails apart from there genders , do they have differant personalitys? is one more snappy? is one better to handle?

Well in general I would say that females are far more snappier....oh hang on I mean the 2 legged kind:lol:

Hi mr_rotor
I agree with blair55 Inlands are a great option for a first snake, there is an article on them of the current issue of Reptiles Australia its a great read and worth subscribing to.
Good Luck with your first Snake !

hey mr_rota for my first I wanted a bhp or a jungle but many people tried to talk me out of it and they did buy telling me that there not the best to get for a first, they suguested a carpet type so I got a female cape york carpet and she can be a real bitch scues my french but she can she has tagged me about 5 times and 2 where real harsh lol but then I got her a man she calmed down so much I never get bit anymore. I called her Medusa, her man Thorn. I ended on getting a BHP pair and they have been the best dicission I have ever made so far with my snakes despite what people said about them I recomend them to any first snake owner that can afford them. there called Mizery and Earies. I've always wanted jungles but because I missed out I don't think I will be able to get any for a quite some time which is unfortunit but life, so all I say is get what you want if you want a jungle then contact Jungle Freak in here or check his website out: http://www.rogersreptilepics.com/comparisonphotos.htm The jungles he breeds are timed and non snappy, they are the most stunning and vibrant of all jungels I have ever seen and they are cheap you will look at paying $450 - 700 per pair. other wise if you still want a MD I know one up for grabs at moment PM me is interested.

Cheers Jody

heres a pic of my first
Medusa she is now 8.4foot long.

females for one generaly are bigger when fully grown, that was a deciding factor for me.

owning a female can be a better thing than a male, with the possibility of breeding her when shes old enough and your experiencced enough

hey mr_rota for my first I wanted a bhp or a jungle but many people tried to talk me out of it and they did buy telling me that there not the best to get for a first, they suguested a carpet type so I got a female cape york carpet and she can be a real bitch scues my french but she can she has tagged me about 5 times and 2 where real harsh lol but then I got her a man she calmed down so much I never get bit anymore. I called her Medusa, her man Thorn. I ended on getting a BHP pair and they have been the best dicission I have ever made so far with my snakes despite what people said about them I recomend them to any first snake owner that can afford them. there called Mizery and Earies. I've always wanted jungles but because I missed out I don't think I will be able to get any for a quite some time which is unfortunit but life, so all I say is get what you want if you want a jungle then contact Jungle Freak in here or check his website out: http://www.rogersreptilepics.com/comparisonphotos.htm The jungles he breeds are timed and non snappy, they are the most stunning and vibrant of all jungels I have ever seen and they are cheap you will look at paying $450 - 700 per pair. other wise if you still want a MD I know one up for grabs at moment PM me is interested.

Cheers Jody

heres a pic of my first
Medusa she is now 8.4foot long.
yeh thats true but i dont really mind .. the MDs have a good look .. and alright side .. dont they grow to like 4 foot :S ?
can i have a look at the one your talking about? teh 1 up for grabs?

Remember that not all Murray Darlings are great friendly first snakes.
Mine had an attitude problem for the first 4 - 5 weeks that I had him and would bite you at any given moment. Just because the majority of people say that the MD's are good first snakes doesn't neccessarly mean that they are, this can be said with any species of snake. lol.

The decision is up to you.

females for one generaly are bigger when fully grown, that was a deciding factor for me.

owning a female can be a better thing than a male, with the possibility of breeding her when shes old enough and your experiencced enough
i think i agree i might be gettng a femail MD .. do you know how long they will grow to?

Mr R for my first python i got a 2yr old male Diamond and its been the best thing i ever did.:D

I know some people might say its a bit much getting a 2yr old first up but if you buy from the right breeders you cant go wrong.

The other reason we got an older one is the fact i have 3 kids and they probably would have KILLED a Hatchie with kindness;)

yeah acually thats smart because depending on the breeder a 2 year old snake will handle better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back