2 x 2 x 1ft enclosure, what to put in it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesthegeek

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Going to have a spare enclosure once I upgrade my jungle to his big enclosure so I was wondering what I could put in a 2 x 2 x 1ft enclosure? I looked at pygmy beardies, they are cool, but not really the great handlers.

Ideally want something that can live it's life in there, not have to be upgraded, as much as I would love a blue-tongue. Any idea's appreciated guys and gals.

- James.

Central Netted Dragons, Although i think that Pygmy Beardeds are very handlable and they are very Placid too. If interested im going to have some Pygmy Bearded Eggs soon.

Central netted dragons are quite a nice looking animals, would it be advisable to get one or two? What sort of money is one looking at?

Central Netty's are a little bit expensive ranging from $100-$150 for a single (adult), or $300 or more for a pair. My advice would be either get a pair or a couple of hatchlings. But you might only be able to keep 1 in a two tank.
Gecko's are pretty cool as well, thick tailed gecko's and knob tailed gecko's dont grow that big.
Good Luck

as said before: $100-150 each, they are a very sociable reptile, so that means you need at least 2. Its not unusual for them to jump onto their owners arm when its feed time. They are like little dogs 8].

Just don't forget they have a very short life span compared to other reptiles

Well ive got both central netteds and a pygmy beardie, i only picked up the netteds a few days ago so i havent really tried handling them much yet but the female will tolerate me moving her when i cleaned out the cage but the male was squirming ALOT. My pygmy beardie on the other hand is a great handler for short periods of time but gets a little flighty after 10 or 15 minutes. In the end its really your choice!

Hm... so your saying I could get pair of hatchie central's for 150 - 200? They have a 5-6 year life don't they?

(If it was a good deal at least)

Last edited:
how about a stick insect?
sounds a bit small if u dont intend to upgrade,...

Stick insect? Hrm.... not really my thing. I have had a hatchie, now juvy jungle in the enclosure, it's not tiny, but it's not massive either.

Fairly certain that centrals live for longer than 5-6 years given correct care... more like 7-12 imo. I'd go for pygmies but then im a bit biased lol ;) Mine are fairly good handlers btw always getting excited at the prospect of food when I come to the tank. They will also happily sit on my hand or lap no worries. It really depends on the individual lizards. Some of my hatchies are really bold little things running up to me when I come near the tank, whereas others a bit more flighty.

I am thinking I will go a pygmy beardie, they are pretty good looking pets, don't seem too bad to handle either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back