Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas2471

Not so new Member
Reaction score
9 month's Too Old??

I am buying a 9 month Coastal.......as i can not travel to see the choice of snakes...i am asking the seller to send the most handled one that he wants to let go...

My question is......If i have a 9 month old Coastal that doesnt like to be handled....will he get used to it?..

the seller said they have never bitten or anything....nut just wondering

THANK YOU!!

We got our Murray Darling Carpet Python sent over from S.A, The breeder said the he had never bitten etc, however when we got him home he was aggressive and would bite you over anything for the first 3 - 4 months - I don't know if he was angry over the flight or what happened there.

I guess that when you get a snake and can't look at it, You have to take it how it comes - as the breeder can say one thing and it can mean the complete opposite, at 9 months old the bite wont hurt and once he's settled in you can start to handle him, he might take to being handled, then again he might not - you just have to wait and see.

Good luck!

EDIT:

We got our male stimson python when he was 3 years old, he was aggresive and would bite you over anything, we've had him around 10 months now and he's calmed down and doesn't bite anymore. So I don't think 9 months old is too old to get them use to human contact.

He should get used to it. There is no guarentee on any animal behaviour, however, coastals are generally easy to handle. Good luck with it.

They might be placid at the sellers place,once their transported,thats a different story,alot of reptiles dont like to be stressed,so usually thats make some aggressive,some dont eat,etc.you cant quarantee it wont be snappy once you receive it,the coastal should calm down after some time,good luck...

Make sure that you keep in mind that reptiles are no fluffy dog, they just arent made to be handled and they dont enjoy your company like a ****zu will. So dont get dissapointed when you get you new pet and all it wants to do is put thousands of little pin holes in your hand, its what that were designed to do....

There is no guarentee on any animal behaviour

Yeah I agree. Same thing, when I got my snakes...always great to handle, don't bite, etc. When I got them home, they bit every chance they got!! of course now, after heaps of handling, they're grown up and you could just about do anything to them and they wouldn't have a go at you.

Should be fine!! I recently went to QLD for a month and took my 11month old Bredli, I fed him the day I got home after a 15 hour drive and he has never biten me since Ive owned him!!

If it was me, I wouldn't mind. Coastals are pretty good snakes, if they are aggressive they generally settle when the snake gets use to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back