A Few Pictures.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Reaction score
I posted my boa constrictor in the "Exotics" section, but this girl is something you are all familiar with.

My coastal x with something. She is coming up on 2 years old June 19, and she goes about 6 feet (1.8 meters)

She is taking large rats and although not as heavy as my boa, she is a click longer. Her mother is close to 3 meters long now I'm told.

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg
IMG_2481.jpg

This was mum with the breeder's girlfriend about 3 years ago. She doesn't look too large in this picture but they told me she was quite a bit larger now.

My girl doesn't look much like the mother, and the father is similar to this and is supposed to be around 2.5 meters.

19600_1424523924519241_1994594321417150334_n.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice snakes Primo, like the first pic!
Good luck with your other snakes, liked the boa pics on your other thread!
do you have any other snakes?

Bredli

Very nice snakes Primo, like the first pic!
Good luck with your other snakes, liked the boa pics on your other thread!
do you have any other snakes?

Bredli

Thank you, and yes we have 1 other. A royal python, and I'm only semi fond of it. It's my 12 year old son's and I find it rather boring. Not semi arboreal, a very, very picky eater and rarely outside of the hide.

When she does eat she hammers large rats, but seems to only take live.

She is about 1.3 meters long.

DSC01359.jpg

I am most impressed with semi arboreal, active snakes that have a bit of size. Coastals, Boa Constrictors, SD retics, and probably a 2.5-3 meter scrub would be the ultimate for me.

My wife says "NO MORE" so that's that until I can convince my son the royal is better off somewhere else.

Although if she started eating on a regular basis I'd enjoy her more.

Last edited:
[MENTION=40733]Primo[/MENTION], your coastal is beautiful. There's something familiar!
My step brother owns a beautiful, wait for it... 20 year old royal python (mind you he lives in France) and she's beautiful! Anyway Primo, you should be proud of your collection! Keep posting pics,
Herpo

@Primo, your coastal is beautiful. There's something familiar!
My step brother owns a beautiful, wait for it... 20 year old royal python (mind you he lives in France) and she's beautiful! Anyway Primo, you should be proud of your collection! Keep posting pics,
Herpo

Thanks for the comment on the Coastal. I am really not sure what she is mixed with. Her parents are both more "Coastal" looking.

Both shown here:

20130202_155153.jpg

I hope my girl keeps her colors. I have been told she could be mixed with Jungle, which I can certainly see, but I've also heard Diamond and somebody here mentioned possibly Darwin.

No matter what the mix, I'm hoping for a larger sized female and I have a really nice setup I'm putting together right now. I'll have rock ledges, and perches. I plan on giving her some nifty little ambush points, and resting areas.

I salute anybody who keeps a snake for 20 years. That is what it is all about with this hobby, not get them big, breed them quick and make as much $$ as possible. Your step brother is to be commended!

He'd like to hear that! She really is beautiful, smashes XL Rats with ease. He once bought a corn snake, but it ended up in the royals stomach...so did the male he tried to breed her with... :)

He'd like to hear that! She really is beautiful, smashes XL Rats with ease. He once bought a corn snake, but it ended up in the royals stomach...so did the male he tried to breed her with... :)

WoW! How un-royal like, a snake eater and all! Sounds more like an olive. I have the royal out now but she is still a bit reserved at 4 years old.

She'll pound large rats or used to anyhow. I hope she kicks into eating again soon.

That was always the likely outcome for the corn snake if they were housed together..
And if she ate the male another reason not to house pairs together unless you want to breed them and it's the time of year. I had a ball python male and female when I was in the uk and housed them together with no problem, but there's always the risk. in hindsight it was a noob mistake and I wouldn't risk it again.

He knew the danger of them living together, so he only put them together while setting up the corns enclosure. 20-30mins at most. Apparently that was enough. And it seems the royal just wanted to stay a virgin, because the conditions were right, and he'd cycled the temps before and fed her up... Still alive and beautiful today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back