A life less ordinary

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAIA77

Reaction score
The previous thread about favourite pictures got me looking at the huge variety of pictures I've taken or are in my possession...here are some of them...

Please don't ask for ID's as I'm a complete novice but anyone with an ID will be much appreciated as I really would like to label my pictures ;)

Feel free to add pictures to this thread....

Attachments

• gaolzoo 312.jpg
    gaolzoo 312.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 102
  • gaolzoo 319.jpg
    gaolzoo 319.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC04846.jpg
    DSC04846.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC04848.jpg
    DSC04848.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC04849.jpg
    DSC04849.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 128
The previous thread about favourite pictures got me looking at the huge variety of pictures I've taken or are in my possession...here are some of them...

Please don't ask for ID's as I'm a complete novice but anyone with an ID will be much appreciated as I really would like to label my pictures ;)

Feel free to add pictures to this thread....

Nice pics, pretty sure the 4th is a type of boa as there headshape is like that :)

and more

Attachments

• DSC04852.jpg
    DSC04852.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC04853.jpg
    DSC04853.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC04855.jpg
    DSC04855.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC04860.jpg
    DSC04860.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC04873.jpg
    DSC04873.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 123
and a few more, i might have put some in a previous thread so forgive my short memory span...

Attachments

• DSC04868.jpg
    DSC04868.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC04869.jpg
    DSC04869.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC04870.jpg
    DSC04870.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC04883.jpg
    DSC04883.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC04884.jpg
    DSC04884.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 91
There good pictures.
In the first post they look to me as:
Picture 3: Rattle snake
Picture 4: African rock python
Picture 5: Snow Corn

Last lot of pictures:
picture 1: Green Anaconda
Picture 2: I don't know my turtles/tortises....
Picture 3: King or Coral snake
Picture 4: Riticulated python
Picture5: reticulated python.

Maybe wrong, but its no a quiz....

If I'm wrong with any of these, someone please correct me. My knowledge of exotics isn't the best.

In the first lot, the second photo is of a gila monster, third's a rattlesnake (I think Mojave green or south pacific, a bit hard to tell with the photos), fourth is a young burmese python, fifth is an albino kingsnake.

In the second lot, first is a viper of some sort, second looks like a bushmaster, third is a kind of skink, fourth looks like a patternless brown tree snake, and fifth is either an emerald tree boa or a green tree python. You can't tell without looking at the face.

In the third lot, first is a young green anaconda, second are tortoises (can't recognise different species), third I think is a kingsnake, fourth is a reticulated python, and the fifth is two reticulated pythons.

Great pictures,but i didnt say you could take photos of my reptiles without my permission,

First lot
1. Crested Fijian iguana (female)
2. Gila monster
3. Horned viper (Cerastes cerastes)
4. African rock python
5. Albino California kingsnake

Second lot
1. Asian green tree viper. They used to be Trimerisurus, but have recently been reclassified. Very confusing complex, but it’s either albolabrus, stejnegeri or popeorum (aka popeiorum)
2. Puff adder
3. Sun skink, Mabuya or Eutropis multifasciata (not 100% on this one). Is very widespread and comes in many colour forms. Bali skink is one form.
4. may be an ochraceous catsnake, Boiga ochracea, or Taiwan tree snake, Boiga kraepelini, but I’m not sure
5. Green tree python

Third lot
1.Green anaconda
2. tortoises - that's as far as I care to go with tortoise identification ;)
3. Grey-banded kingsnake
4. Reticulated python
5. Reticulated python

Wow thanks Crocdoc, I might have to dig up the rest of my pictures and scan them in the hope that yourself and the others who have contributed will ID them!

1. its face can be seen in the upper left of the photo,near the screen top - it has the blocky snout of a python
2. Emerald tree boas don't get that speckled appearance
3. The white on an emerald tree boa's spine line tends to be more even - often a line with small marks off to either side, rather than the random speckling
4. The body shape and proportion is different. Tree boas are taller and narrower in cross section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back