Ackie help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dassios1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting an ackie and was wondering if this enclosure is suitable for an adult and if so how many? Its 4ft x 14" x 18" high. Obviously the beardie wont be in there when the ackie moves in. Is there anything I should add/take out? I'm going to replace the basking light as well so dont worry about that.

Attachments

• IMG_6518.jpg
    IMG_6518.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 155
You might have problems reaching suitable basking temps in a fishtank, as they don't hold heat particularly well

What about a gillens or storrs, or should i really get at least a 4x2

Best not to restrict a monitor too much - they are active, inquisitive and smart. Which means they can get easily frustrated and bored with too small a space, both you and the monitor will have that much more enjoyment with a proper setup :)

okay tank for starters but get hatchies not adults , add more substrate, bury half a retes stack in it and cover the top. The hot spot is the crucial thing . Do your homework and get a decent size tank organised for the accies as they grow

i have a 3 foot melamine enclosure would this be suitable for a hatchy through to adult size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back