Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant im under 16 or 18 or which ever it is.... but im happy with ackies and gillens :p so what size tank for a single ackie ive heard people keep them in 900 by 500 by 500?

I cant im under 16 or 18 or which ever it is.... but im happy with ackies and gillens :p so what size tank for a single ackie ive heard people keep them in 900 by 500 by 500?

If you cant make it longer than 900 i would go at least 900 in height and 600 in width. After all the decorations you are planing 900 long and 500 wide will become really cramped for a specimen potentially reaching 600 in length. They do like to climb though so the taller you can make it the more they'll love it.

i purchased a pair of ackies only a month ago and they are fantastic always on the go exploring their enclosure good fun to watch easy to maintain better looking than gillens but i love them also good luck with whatever one you choose im sure you will be happy with either great little monitors

Not gonna read the thread but I prefer ackies by far.
More robust captives (active and not as flighty), better feeders, I found they aren't as fussy and have a broader diet, better handlers - just give them some space after feeding time if you like your fingers! And despite what many people say about ackies eating each other, I think this only applies if you forget to feed them ;) I had no trouble with a 2m, 1f trio in a 4ft enclosure.

again yes ive heard they are more active and less secretive but the size of the enclosure does come into this 70cm by 70cm by 40 i dont really think its enough for an ackie unless people keep them in a 900 by 500 by 500 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back