Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown_Hair

Reaction score
Anyone know of a breeding program undergoing for these?

I no that they have very few live bearing offspring and it would take a while to get these on the market, however was just wondering, as they are absolute stunners!

And shurely someone would be pursuing this for the obvious profit potential.....

Thats cool, where did you get the pic?

wtb a bluey x shingleback ? haha

i cant wait to have a fully grown adult in my collection!!

fj

Yeah it is isnt it, i did notice that, the tail looks like a blue tongue x i seen in a hybrid thread on here not to long ago. The tails do vary a bit, even tho the albino's is noticible slimmer.

outback_skink.jpg

200404070003r.jpg

Anyone know the origion of the albino pictured? All that i can find is that it was wild caught and calls "a western Australian reptile park" home....

I also found this one on BTS.net from Gosford reptile park in Australia....
albino10.jpg

just looks like it has just come out from a long cold winter and needs to bump up the fat supply.... ive seen wild ones that look the same (tail)not albino tho ha ha

The first photo, it looks like a blue tongue hybrid not just from the tail, but the scales and head are more blue tongue like. the last one is more like the real deal. IMO

rottnest island shingle backs have tails like that so it is probably pure.

It is a South Western Shingleback from WA. Some people from the Eastern states think that WA animals are starving and skinny because they are used to the robust looking eastern animals. I think the animal in the pic is from Amidale reptile park south of Perth. Its a normal looking shingleback from coastal Perth area, besides its color. They have smoother scales, thinner longer tails, and are not as heavily built as eastern animals.

It's a western bobtail for sure. There is an albino over here that I know for sure is in a breeding program. This is one of my guys -

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 529
Thanks Ladysnake! Your shingleback looks great!
Any idea how the program is going?

Tiliqua rugosa rugosa
The ssp most seen in the eastern states is T. rugosa apser

not everything is a hybrid guys.... jesus christ!

not everything is a hybrid guys.... jesus christ!

everybody who states 'looks like a hybrid' should insert "i have no idea what a wa shingleback looks like but i just want to put up a post"

whilst trying to sound like an expert, they really demonstrate their lack of intelligence. the same when a picture goes up and everyone comments how starved and skinny they look. just painful people to get comments from.

'My dear old Dad used to say " Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt" - jeffspythons'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back