Also Venting!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stary boy

Reaction score
OMG!!!

i moved far far away from family recently and havnt heard from them at all. Then i get an email tongiht from mother.

Hi love,

Just letting you know your dog was chasing the horse and got kicked in the head, she been at the vet all day having surgery. The vets require payment by the 15/5 totaling $580. You can foreward the payment to (vets address).

Love mum

ARGHHHH!!! Its not my dog!!! it was my dog and before i moved I found her a very good home, but the family wouldnt let me get rid of her as they all love her too much, Yet I get lumped with the vet bill!!! WHAT THE!!! I just paid off the $3000 horse bill... which resulted in $3k less and a dead horse... my goodness...

Dont pay simple. If its a clear cut thing as you say I dont know why you would even consider paying the bill.

Hi Maddy,

Where have you moved to now??

Did you lose your little pony?

Sorry to hear of all the vets bills and poorly animals.

:0(

I know for a fact that the stupid thing wont get paid unless i do and will ikely result in some sort of legal action (as it nearly did with the last vet bill i refused to pay) its not fair that the vets shouldnt get paid because my family is to retarded to not keep animals....!! Is it really that hard to keep the dog on the chain!

I spose this goes back to that thread about responsible pet owning thread... what if it was someone elses horse and it bit the horse... then what....

Im just glad it was my horse and he wasnt damaged! seriously though....

no not dawson sarah hes ok... the horse that didnt make it was a little riding pony i was breaking in a while back..

and i live in cairns now :)

awwww...poor little pony, what happened? What are you doing in Cairns!?!?!?

was it your horse that kicked the dog? your family look after your horse? if so then shouldnt you pay even if the dog "isnt yours" ?

at the moment not alot... bbut hey im enjoying it! really like it up here... and vets didnt know what was wrong with him... looked colicy for days... but wasnt getting better... then after 6 visits of the vet in 3 days he went to hospital... and just got really sick and weak. Couldnt stand up wouldnt eat or drink and just kept getting worse so after millions of tests got put down after a week and a half in hospital and no diagnosis

hahah ait was my dog that kicked the dog... shetland pony.... he has a float water system and not fed. He doesnt get looked after hes lucky if he has human contact once a month the poor thing. Another one of "my" pets that i am meant to pay for that im not allowed to get rid of... apparently hes my nephews pony so cant possible sell him even though he sits in a paddock all alone with no contact.

Nope, if the dog gets into the paddock with the horse, the owner of the horse is certainly not liable for anything that happens to the dog, infact the owner of the dog is liable for any injury inflicted on the horse as a result of the dog being in the field.

If the horse has gotten out of the paddock, the owner of the horse is liable for any damage the horse does.

Sorry to hear about that Maddy, poor little begger.

Sorry mate I know what its like with a family like that hey but theres 3 things in the world and only 3 that I don't even let them have a say about regardless if they " love " them or not (and it has happened) ... my kids, my mates and my animals !!! You need to deal with your animals and tell them you WILL sell them ( make up some excuse like money ) If they are kept as bad as you say you need to do something! As for the dog its not his fault and keeping him chained up all his life isnt fair ..... you could say you could only afford the bill buy selling the animals!

saz the dog is free to roam the paddock in this case ! not that i was talking legally anyway more morally as the dog is still his and the horse

dog is chained up... or else the dog goes onto the road an hit by a car... and yes it has happened... i think its better the dog be on a chain then be flattened... the dog is off the chain when people are watching it. It is on the chain when knowone is around to keep an eye on it, which i think is fair, also considering the mongral takes off on chicken killing sprees. f it were let roam there would be alot more dramas then there is now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back