Brand new snake keeper and forum member!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delilah

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G’day guys, so grateful to have this forum! I’ve been reading for a while now and have found so much great info. Now that I have my beautiful girl, a 4 (ish) year old Murray Darling, I’ve finally joined and look forward to chatting!

My MD is my first ever reptile although I have loved reptiles since I first had close contact, many years ago, whilst on a veterinary nursing excursion. I had always planned to keep reptiles but I moved from Sydney to Tasmania and soon realised that keeping reptiles in Tassie is absolutely illegal unless they are native to the state. This basically gives the option of no snakes (all natives are venemous) and only two skinks/lizards 😢

I was fortunate enough to work for the only snake vet in Hobart, so I was able to get a little reptile fix occasionally, usually in the shape of tiger snakes! Anyhow, after many years in Tassie, I have moved to South Australia and I am super excited to finally have my very own snake!

Last edited:
Back