Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here are a couple of definite wheatbelt stimsons. In my opinion they are the boldest colour form in australia.

Magpie said:
Ant-A-Ree-Zee-Ah

That's how everyone pronounces it (including me and every professional I know), but it's not strictly correct.

The following is for anyone who's interested in this kind of stuff:

Naming conventions in Latin have the emphasis on the second last syllable (in this case it would be the ZEE), but if the word is named after a person or place then the pronounciation must be the way that name or place is normally pronounced.

Antares is the star in the tail of the constellation Scorpious and is pronounced An-TAIR-eez, emphasis on the 'tair' (being the second last syllable). So the correct pronounciation for Antaresia should be An-TAIR-eez'-EE-u, sounding almost like two words.

But I've never heard anyone pronounce it that way.

:p

Hix

here are a couple of definite wheatbelt stimsons. In my opinion they are the boldest colour form in australia.

beautiful snakes. who did you get them from? i have been looking around for some a young hatchling a. stimpsoni and those snakes have beautiful markings.

andrew

SLACKra, westaussie is a licenced collector so im pretty sure he has caught these animals himself. BTW they are lovely, how much are you selling them for (not those 2 actual pythons in the picture but the wheatbelt form stimmis).

The larger one in the pics is a wild caught animal, the smaller one is captive bred from wheatbelt parents. I am selling Wheatbelt stimsons for $400.

Hi west aussie,

I'm only going on secondhand information as we got the stimmy from a friend but he was told at time of purchase that the snake was wild caught April last yearish from the wheatbelt area by someone named Gary. But looking at your images there is a big difference in colours. The other stimmy he has was from the Pilbarra so maybe he's been led astray as you said just to answer his questions.

Cheers Mike

Hey TLC westaussie is Gary Davies. So I would say it was probably him who caught the snake.

sounds like he was talkin about me. but I dont do wheatbelt trips in april and that really didnt look like a wheatbelt animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back