any houses ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kullafullsnake

Reaction score
anyone know of any private rentals in queensland ? real estates are so annoying how is anyone suppose to get a rental if they ask for work details ........hello i just moved to the state of course i havent been working for any period of time in that state plenty of work references and realty references, so 3-4 bedroom $170-$200 2 adults 2 kids 1 more on the way cheers

sometimes you just have to be creative, create a few non truths, use famiy and friends as referees for work, only use mobile phone numbers. ie your brother could be your boss your sister your ex-landlord.
think outside the square!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers:)

I agree with inthegrass, you will have troubles getting a house in that price range though, depends where you are. Look in the paper for private rentals, we just got a 3 bedroom house in Worongary gor $325 a week, the lady had it with a real estate for a month and they didn't even take anyone through, she gave it to us straight away. I know how hard this is beleive me, but just keep trying the paper and ring as many private rentals as you can. Good Luck.

I guess it depends where in qld you are looking... The gold coast would be out of the question unless you are willing to pay around 350 pw... Brisbane seems to be getting up there to.
But we own a business and have helped a friend or two with work refs in the past, although they do check as long as youve got all that covered...
It also pays to have a couple of good rental refs in paper form with contacts of course cause there are many many people going for the same houses.

cheers guys , yeah ive got plenty of paper rental references some private some from real estates ,

yeah goldies has always been dear and likewise brissy is climbing to be on par with it aswell, i used to live in bulimba and i paid $170 back 3 years ago for a 1 bedroom appartment.

I can't get over how much rent has increased since we arrived in Brisbane 6 years ago, we used to pay $170 for a 3 bedroom house with double garage and big yard, we now pay less than that for a mortgage but virtually nothing is available to rent under $300. I don't know how people do it, could be worse though, it could be Sydney.

If you are looking out Redcliffe way, then try Bay and District Realty. They rented a house out to me as a single Mum, 2 kids, 2 dogs and no work (student) or centrelink payments. Interesting, I wonder how they knew I could pay the rent? Also, this area, there is still a few places in your price range. Good luck. :)

When we rented while looking to buy a house we paid $350 and that was through a friend, 3 years ago.... Worked out well though.. Ended up buying the house next door.

there is a shortage of rentals at the moment so prices for them are going thru the roof but depends where in QLD you are looking at

If you are looking out Redcliffe way, then try Bay and District Realty. They rented a house out to me as a single Mum, 2 kids, 2 dogs and no work (student) or centrelink payments. Interesting, I wonder how they knew I could pay the rent? Also, this area, there is still a few places in your price range. Good luck. :)

We live at Redcliffe in a TINY 2 bedroom house and it's $200 a week..

Good luck finding a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back