Anyone breeding shinglebacks in qld?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My partner has fallen in love with shinglebacks and to be honest i dont mind them at all myself, they are a cool lookin skink. The only specimens i can find for sale are interstate, does anyone here know of any qld breeders or anyone in qld selling?

hornet,

I'd be saving ya pennys until some of those redhot WA goldfield ones turn up....they were quiet dear last time I saw them advertised , but sorry I don't know of any breeders up this way. Goodluck with your search.

Cheers,

i'm thinking i may not have a choice, it could be a while to find any captive bred up here, by the time i find some i could probably afford to import a few from WA lol

shingles are cool

I am a breeder of various colourmorph bluetongues .My easterns are Yellows,oranges, black/golds ,white/blacks, silver/reds and my blotchies are maroon/pink, cream/black, black/rose pink, black/ peachy red. I have obtained two 5yr old shingles and one 2yr old. 2 are easterns and one is a black/white goldfields.If you don't have any luck anywhere try me in 6/7 months and i will let you know if i've had success.Unfortunately the goldfields has been paired up with the eastern and they are quite fond of each other as they are both 5. The eastens came in a pair but the male eastern prefers the goldfields and are hard to seperate now. so i will find out if it's possible or moral for them to breed. Does anyone know can i breed these two types of shingles as i keep my blotchies and easterns seperate so they don't breed.

I am a breeder of various colourmorph bluetongues .My easterns are Yellows,oranges, black/golds ,white/blacks, silver/reds and my blotchies are maroon/pink, cream/black, black/rose pink, black/ peachy red. I have obtained two 5yr old shingles and one 2yr old. 2 are easterns and one is a black/white goldfields.If you don't have any luck anywhere try me in 6/7 months and i will let you know if i've had success.Unfortunately the goldfields has been paired up with the eastern and they are quite fond of each other as they are both 5. The eastens came in a pair but the male eastern prefers the goldfields and are hard to seperate now. so i will find out if it's possible or moral for them to breed. Does anyone know can i breed these two types of shingles as i keep my blotchies and easterns seperate so they don't breed.
Mate I can't help with your question breeding the Shinglebacks together, but I'd LOVE to see some pics of your Bluetongues !!!

Eastern Shingleback and Western Shinglebacks are different subspecies, and so shouldn't be bred together. In many states its not legal to cross breed subspecies.

Eastern Shingleback and Western Shinglebacks are different subspecies, and so shouldn't be bred together. In many states its not legal to cross breed subspecies.

That is correct, the WA forms are Tiliqua Rugosa Rugosa
and the Eastern forms are Tiliqua Rugosa Aspera!
They even look very different to each other so no they shouldnt be bred together.

On another note i think you may have been taken for a ride on the so called
black and white "Goldfields" animal, most if not all Goldfields animals display
a red to orange color not B & W!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back