Anyone herping in ALBANY WA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CROCO

Not so new Member
Reaction score
:DHi I will be in Albany soon any one into local herps would like to contact for local expertise in herp info , would like a contact no so I could give call you when in town .:DCheers keith

Nope, avoid it like the plague, the people down there have too many fingers and toes.....

Good luck, i hope the wind backs off for a few days for you....

i'll be in denmark next week, that wont help you tho, i believe the KG whiting are biting, i'll be in for some flounder and flathead out of the inlet there too. in winter you can catch snapper of the side of the road near town. i've seen dugites down there, heaps of shinglebacks, but most people call them bob tails. Albany is one of my favorite towns in australia, enjoy.
ren

I wasnt into herps so much when their, but I used to live in Albany for 5 years. Stunning part of the coast. Dont listen to urodacus, hes just another delusional city slicker :rolleyes: ;).
Go for a walk along the Bibbullmun track and you will see herps. Ive seen adders and tigers and red bellied blacks along their. I found 5 or 6 per day inland along the track, but still saw 2 or 3 per day along the coast.
I never saw a python the whole time but their is a couple of relocators Ive spoken too since who maybe of assistance, friendly guys. Phone CALM for their numbers.
Plenty of roads around to go herping at night.
Enjoy.

Head over to Denmark, go to the Rivermouth caravan park and walk across the bridge that goes over the Denmark River. On the other side theres Rosenbergs, Dugites and Tigers. The rest will be like herping anywhere, road spot in good habitat and you could turn up anything.

oh yeah, forgot about a massive brown that i hit (not sure is it was already dead) when i was driving a 5ton truck between albany and esperance, I hit it with both wheels and i felt it bad in the cab, i'd have to say easily the biggest brown i'd ever seen, i've not ever seen a sw python down there either. some nice monitors around, not sure if they are that far south tho. earthing is right about the bibbullmun track, it is great.

I wasnt into herps so much when their, but I used to live in Albany for 5 years. Stunning part of the coast. Dont listen to urodacus, hes just another delusional city slicker :rolleyes: ;).
Go for a walk along the Bibbullmun track and you will see herps. Ive seen adders and tigers and red bellied blacks along their. I found 5 or 6 per day inland along the track, but still saw 2 or 3 per day along the coast.
I never saw a python the whole time but their is a couple of relocators Ive spoken too since who maybe of assistance, friendly guys. Phone CALM for their numbers.
Enjoy.

Red bellies? :lol:

I hate the city with a passion, just so happens i hate the effects of inbreeding even more :lol: It is a nice part of the coast, just a pity about the wind and cold. On the few days where it wasnt blowing its guts out we caught some good snapper and skippy off the rocks.

Jordan

i'll be in denmark next week, that wont help you tho, i believe the KG whiting are biting, i'll be in for some flounder and flathead out of the inlet there too. in winter you can catch snapper of the side of the road near town. i've seen dugites down there, heaps of shinglebacks, but most people call them bob tails. Albany is one of my favorite towns in australia, enjoy.
ren
hi thanks for the replie folks and will be in Albany before the weekend can go to Denmark cheers REN keith

Not in SW WA?
Woe.
I wasnt into snakes when their(as mentioned), so I went from 'local knowledge'. Always a bit suss this 'local knowledge' regarding herps isnt it.......

Yep :lol: No red bellies unfortunately, much to my disgust. They could have been referring to Masters snakes but i didnt know they went as far west as Albany.

Jordan

:D:DhI FOLKS COLD AND BLOWY in ALBANY and and got me first Aussie snake after years away was yesterday arvo a carpet python that was crossing the road at two people bay plenty of Kings skinks about will keep looking :shock: Keith:D

Enjoy.

im Jealous.. i go to bibbulman track a few times a year with my mum done a fair bit of the track.. seen only a few snakes but i go the wrong time of year to see alot. even then there are heaps of amazing animals lizards, frogs few echidnas and lots of snakes (for most people).. Good luck herping :D

Thanks all having some probs loading pic as soon as i can will put the python on must say I am real pleased as only been in Oz seven days I let it go within minute of snapping it, would liked to have kept , but there better in the wild keith:D

Rosenbergs

oh yeah, forgot about a massive brown that i hit (not sure is it was already dead) when i was driving a 5ton truck between albany and esperance, I hit it with both wheels and i felt it bad in the cab, i'd have to say easily the biggest brown i'd ever seen, i've not ever seen a sw python down there either. some nice monitors around, not sure if they are that far south tho. earthing is right about the bibbullmun track, it is great.
Hi Ren thanks I went down the track 2day sun 15 well hot got some great shot of I think a rosenberg well over 1.5m unless it was a lace as I have not got me oz reptile book , well pleased not bat for a few days catching a python and then this cheers gonna have a few cool ones tonite keith

hi earthling greetings from freezing pommyland just arrived back home to the cold after a great stay in WA I will post some pics as soon as I can manage them of me python and Rosenbergs goanna also the kings skink that inhabit the paths around Albany

:D
im Jealous.. i go to bibbulman track a few times a year with my mum done a fair bit of the track.. seen only a few snakes but i go the wrong time of year to see alot. even then there are heaps of amazing animals lizards, frogs few echidnas and lots of snakes (for most people).. Good luck herping :D
:lol:cheers Laura, sadly back in the cold of the uk but had a nice look around in The local shires hope for another trip, I am still trying to download pics ? keith:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back