attention parents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kullafullsnake

Reaction score
my son recently got given a toy razor blade for a birthday, now presents are fine but what are these toy manufactorers trying to turn kids into my boy loves his razorblade it actually looks very real and has the exact moving parts of a real one if he developes a love of those kinds of toys he will as a teenager will want to get a hold of the real thing, now in the defense of the toy company they would say well we make toy snakes and lizards and crocs ect and we dont encourage your kids to go play with reptiles or to try and drive a real tractor because little johny plays with a toy tractor, so we dont encourage your kids to cut someone with a real razorblade but the kids dont realise the dangers of toy v`s real object ,

yeah moose i think some of the toys they are releasing give kids to much comfort with the toy object and give them confidence in playing with the real item e.g razorblade

Well they shouldn't have access to the real thing, as they are danger my thoughts are they would be out of the childs reach.

I played with toy guns as a child, yet dad's rifle was always in a place I couldn't reach it, neither would i have wanted to as my parents warned me about the dangers.

Its up to you to teach your child

so there is something wrong with my 8 yr old shaving my back?

gee, i have just worked out why i should not have had that blow up doll as a child.:D
cheers

Last edited:
Why don't you just take it off him if you are that concerned.

my son recently got given a toy razor blade for a birthday, now presents are fine but what are these toy manufactorers trying to turn kids into my boy loves his razorblade it actually looks very real and has the exact moving parts of a real one if he developes a love of those kinds of toys he will as a teenager will want to get a hold of the real thing, now in the defense of the toy company they would say well we make toy snakes and lizards and crocs ect and we dont encourage your kids to go play with reptiles or to try and drive a real tractor because little johny plays with a toy tractor, so we dont encourage your kids to cut someone with a real razorblade but the kids dont realise the dangers of toy v`s real object ,

I think I agree. To make it easier to read your posts can you include some punctuation and capital letters. Thanks.:)

Take the damn thing off him...... easy it is you that is the "responsible parent/ adult" explain to him why and the dangers.....easy

Yes witchita it would wouldnt it.......

Take it off him. Give him a toy gun instead.

IsK

Im glad they didnt have those toys when i was a kid, i probably would have taken up shaving at a younger age :lol:

Potential serial killer in the making letting them play with one of those. But then again, I watched horror movies from a very young age, was a real fan before my teens even, and I haven't brutually murdered anyone. Yet.

oh, the old cut throat razor. Was that the photo of the toy one? Looks pretty real. No worse then a toy gun or knife. Remember your in charge mate, if you don't want him to have it, simple........

PS kulla (herpshop?)

stupid "toy" take it off him explain why its bad ... then go tell the ones who gave it to him that this is not something you want your son to have. There will always be things on the market that people dont agree with , you cant change that but you can change what your kids have. If he realy likes it then sit down with him and explain and make an arangement like he can choose a new toy to the same value as it was a gift and its not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back