Australian Reptile Park

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes123

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went to the Australian reptile park. Got picked out to go in the snake pit. The guy threw an alligator at me then I had to kiss some kind of lizard then I hand to hold the burmese python, anaconda and the salt water crocs lid on while sitting on a hot rock.

I can now tell people someone has thrown an alligator at me (if that topic ever comes up). Getting that close to a snake like that was pretty cool.

I have put the pics up of me kissing the lizard if anyone can help with that. ant the alligator that i got to hold.

Ben

Attachments

• 166098_487958202521_556692521_6563166_176940_n.jpg
    166098_487958202521_556692521_6563166_176940_n.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 185
  • 163804_487958042521_556692521_6563165_6678728_n.jpg
    163804_487958042521_556692521_6563165_6678728_n.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 254
Being a member of a local herp group, (SOFAR) I get free entry, so go their on a regular basis.

Would love to do the behind the scenes VIP tour at some stage. As I am recently unemployed I have also thought about doing volunteer work for the Devilark program.

My only disappointment is that while they have some magnificent exotic snakes on display, they do not have many non venomous locals. Think that herping in general would benefit from showing more snakes that are available to be kept, as well as those that you can only see in a zoo.

NOTE: The Burmese Python that you had your photo taken with is called “Fluffy”
. . . . . because he likes to eat fluffy things.

Reptile park is doing great job. Lot of people begin they interest in reptiles there.

Should have gone on Thursday, thats my Volly day.

And yeah its a Tegu, they're good fun :)

Being a member of a local herp group, (SOFAR) I get free entry, so go their on a regular basis.

Would love to do the behind the scenes VIP tour at some stage. As I am recently unemployed I have also thought about doing volunteer work for the Devilark program.

My only disappointment is that while they have some magnificent exotic snakes on display, they do not have many non venomous locals. Think that herping in general would benefit from showing more snakes that are available to be kept, as well as those that you can only see in a zoo.

NOTE: The Burmese Python that you had your photo taken with is called “Fluffy”
. . . . . because he likes to eat fluffy things.[/QUOTE

I sent them an email about voluntering there aswell but you have to be 18.

All the non venomous snakes ther had were rough scaled pythons, green tree pythons, stimson and a spotted. But it is a good place and they do a good shows.

Might meet you there one day.

Ben

I sent them an email about voluntering there aswell but you have to be 18.

All the non venomous snakes ther had were rough scaled pythons, green tree pythons, stimson and a spotted. But it is a good place and they do a good shows.

Might meet you there one day.

Ben

and a Jungle ;)

i'm doing vollie work at adelaide zoo soon with the zoo Ed program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back