Baby beardie spasms????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemrock2hot

Reaction score
Ok so I have 7 baby beardies they are a month old and 2 of them seem to have random spasms and do like a death roll so then I chuck them in the water bowl and they kinda snap out of it and breath a bit heavy for a while then run around normal..... Any body had this happen can I do anything to stop or fix this..... Plz help

Calcium and UAV needed.
I had a young beardie do the same and I put her in a rats cade and sat her in the sun. Also up the calcium,
Maybe something different in your case.

as Animal says sometimes food that is too big is a problem,it can put pressure on the spine and nervous system causing spasms,twitching & rollovers

They are eating small crickets no bigger than the distance between their eyes they get that once a day and also eating a small amount of finely chopped pak choy ill have to recheck temps in the morning because my gauge isn't reading properly

are you using a uvb light at least 30cm from them other wise they can't absorb the uvb if its to far.

Yep 100 watts that's 30cm above them coz that's how high my tank is and the light sits on top of the mesh lid

100w UVB? are you using a MVB or is this the light you are using for heat. UVBs are traditionally 13w or 26w and come in the form of Compact Fluros or the long fluro tubes. Please explain your set up so we can give you more of an idea what may be happening.

you need a basking lamp and also a good uvb light

UV does not go through glass. Just because there's light doesn't mean they get the rays they need. Get a UV light in the tank ASAP.

I only have a heat lamp as their tank is right next to the window and they also get the morning sun

You need a UVB light otherwise you are putting the health of the dragons at severe risk.
As stated UVB doesn't pass through glass and is diminished by passing through mesh. You need a direct source of uvb 20-30cms away from the dragons with nothing in between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back