Baby Beardy not always hungry?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Hi, some days my baby bearded dragon is very hungry when I feed him and other days not so much. Does anyone else experience this with their babies? I was thinking that maybe when they are hungry I feed them too much.

Thanks

Yep, Muppet is the same. Its normal, like us, some days we eat more then others. I wouldnt think you could really over feed at this age, as when they are full they stop eating. If its eating what you offer, let it, if other days it isnt so hungry, that too is fine. I noticed when muppet was shedding he didnt eat as much as he usually does either, so depending on age, this could also be a reason why your little guy isnt so hungry.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was ok just wanted to check. Thanks

This is fine.
Just make sure his basking temp is around 40 celcius and he has good access to his uvb light :)

crickets in calcium powder and salad with watercress and endive and more. They have the best going round I am sure

just make sure the crickets aren't bigger than the space between his eyes. My Yoda can go almost a week with eating very little them out of the blue, he doesn't seem to be able to get enough.. growth spurts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back