Baby blue rats fighting over milk

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
These are a litter of 17 day old Blue rats, unfortunately their mum died due to RI when they were 14 days old so they had to be syringe fed, but as you can see it didn't take them long to adjust to a normal bottle

YouTube - Baby blue rats fighting over milk

Ps. how come we cant post the videos so they play on the forum instead of linking to Utube anymore?

haha typical woman telling him what he should do haha

iwonder if they thought of putting afew bottles in there

ps i didnt watch the entire thing so dnt rip into me if they do add bottles or something
Yeah we have since added a 2nd bottle, they only seem to rush it like that after we change it and warm it up (3-4 times a day), after the initial rush they calm down a bit and everyone gets a turn

if they have teeth then they will eat on there own no need for milk .
Yeah I know, but they arent supposed to be weaned at this age so im sure it can only benefit them, and besides I dont mind doing it for them (btw they are eating solids as well)

I was going to say, by that age, they should have solid food available 24/7 so they can be practicing and starting to chew on things - basically so they can teethe. But it's nice that you're still giving them liquids. Besides, it's cute ;)

Mmmmm food for thought, is that normal milk and if it is how are their droppings while on it ?....great vid btw.....solar 17 [Baden]

Mmmmm food for thought, is that normal milk and if it is how are their droppings while on it ?....great vid btw.....solar 17 [Baden]
Hey,
Its actually soy based S29 baby formula, their droppings seem normal.
They also are provided with a range of fresh food, grains and pellets.
When the mum died they still hadnt left the nest (had only opened their eyes fully that day) so except for the food the doe would bring in they were entirely still on milk, it was hard to get them to eat any solids for the first 24 hours but after that they started to hoe in like there was no tomorrow lol.

Thanks Josh

Last edited:
Nice too see josh, should of said there was some jungle food for the next few weeks, but awesome ratties :) i got a female like them a few days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back