Bandi Bandi snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilerob

Reaction score
Does anybody keep these black and white striped snakes in captivity? Ive been doing a bit of research and apparently they are found in my area. Ive never even seen one. Apparently theyre rarely encountered due to there nocturnal habits. Ive never even seen one on the road!!
Im hoping to do a night herping trip to the local hills in coming nights so will keep a look out for one.
Does anybody keep any??

Attachments

• Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_BandyBandy_26.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_BandyBandy_26.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 423
  • Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_BandyBandy_30.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Snakes_Elapids_BandyBandy_30.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 251
Thanks fellas. 3 sightings in the last 10 years in Victoria!! I wonder if there has been more by amature herptologists like us that have not been reported??
Fuscus, the reason i stumbled across it on the internet, was because i found a blind snake the other day, and while researching the blind snake i found the bandy bandy, and a few others in this area that i didnt know we had, like a dwyers snake etc....
Thanks again.

The article was referring to the fact that only three animals have been seen in the Bendigo area in the last decade. They are reasonably common in Northern Vic especially around Hattah and Murray Sunset.
ReptileRob, if you get a warm night and some rain, try the Chiltern area or Warby Ranges. Might even see a Carpet if your really lucky.
Ads

Well on a nce night you could probably herp the whole state before sunrise couldn't you? ;)

I have herd a story of a Carpet in someones garage I know in Vic, but most probably an escapee as it was in the Melbourne area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back