Bandy Bandy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If for some reason someone was to want a difficult snake...lol... how much do these little guys go for??
They are so cute.. they're in this months RA mag.

What habitat do they live in? Every time i go herping my mate has had this obsession with finding one and we've seen everything but!!! It's so frustrating! I'd love to see one in the wild.

they look strange lol

but still quite nice : )

G'day mate,

They are only documented as eating Blind Snakes. In captivity they are normally tube fed, or force fed on rodent tails.

Cheers,

Jonno

According to the holdings list there are 2 on license in nsw, and yeah a google search says they eat blind snakes and small skinks

well that blows any idea of keeping one and buying one for that matter. i have seen blind snakes around here.
google says blind snakes eat termites and ants so it was half right.
its tripy and awesome watching them move im still high on seeing it..*a natural high*

i have found them out after a bit of rain or just out taking a drive. I have noticed that i don't see as many other herps out and about when i see bandy bandys, so maybe they like different conditions to other snakes.

I remember the first time i saw one. We we going out for a bit of a night drive/herp and a mate said "hey if you find a bandy bandy, let us know!" after about 3 hours of driving through a normally overflowing-with-herps area and finding nothing at all, we decided that the conditions weren't quite right, and that we should just go to the end of the road and turn around.. We drive over the next hill and what do we see? a row of mints dancing across the road :D:p:)

I reckon its a bit bent out of shape over your foot tapping... :lol:

WAT IN THE NAME OF!?!?!?!

just when i thought i had heard of everything/seen everything in teh reptile world....australia presents me with a bandy bandy. I had no idea any snake did anything like that. thats incredible! its like a cobra....but confused lol. If you got a whole bunch of them u could play croquet with them!

crazy as

this was the first snake i ever encountered in the wild when i was about 3 or 4 years old,it was
lying on the ground where a bunch of us kids where playing
my dad came and picked it up with BBQ tongs and took it down further into the bush.
it was so random cause it was sitting in the middle of a dirt track in the daytime
which was wierd for a subterranean species

i have found them out after a bit of rain or just out taking a drive. I have noticed that i don't see as many other herps out and about when i see bandy bandys, so maybe they like different conditions to other snakes.

I remember the first time i saw one. We we going out for a bit of a night drive/herp and a mate said "hey if you find a bandy bandy, let us know!" after about 3 hours of driving through a normally overflowing-with-herps area and finding nothing at all, we decided that the conditions weren't quite right, and that we should just go to the end of the road and turn around.. We drive over the next hill and what do we see? a row of mints dancing across the road :D:p:)

lol @ mints

hehehe he is just sooooo cute, i wanna pick him up and give him a big cuddle......probly not thow :)

WAT IN THE NAME OF!?!?!?!

just when i thought i had heard of everything/seen everything in teh reptile world....australia presents me with a bandy bandy. I had no idea any snake did anything like that. thats incredible! its like a cobra....but confused lol. If you got a whole bunch of them u could play croquet with them!

crazy as

LMAO:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back