Bearded dragon or Shingleback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 7 beardies and 4 shingles, and i really cant decide which i love more, theyre both absolute pleasures to keep, totally different, but totally awesome.

one benefit with shingles is that shingles are more likely to be able to be housed happily with other shingles, (my 4 (2m2f) live together, most of the beardies are seperate due to personality clashes)

meh, i have tonnes of geckos, theyre cute, but not really interactive,... id take shingles and beardies even over the amyae which are my faves of teh gecks,....

At first i was ignoring this, but now its really getting to me. If it isnt a gecko its crap in your opinion, why bother posting this rubbish? Not everyone likes geckos, my friends owned them and personally i dont like them at all, yet i dont post in gecko threads saying they're crap. Why dont you sign up to a gecko forum and let all your rants out on there about how much you hate any lizards which arent your lovely geckos.
Just to contribute to the thread, id go for a beardie, but id buy one thats a year old and tame. Babies can sometimes be a pain. Cheers.

I don't dislike anything that's not a gecko, pretty much it's just Beardies and Tiliqua, oh and Pythons. Worst most boring pets ever...

+1 Small/Medium monitors are absolutely awesome get one.

thank thats what i was trying to tell them If the thread ain't about gekos then don't make a comment about them.

Whats wrong with beardies? The fact you can handle most of them and they grow to a decent size?
To original poster, havee a search about both, but even better if you can have a look at both from a breeder before you rush into buying one. Breeders are usually really helpful

thank thats what i was trying to tell them If the thread ain't about gekos then don't make a comment about them.

in fairness to gecko comments,you did ask the same question a day or so ago but in regards to geckos versus bluetongues

as you can see by the comments,get what you want to get ,and more importantly as u have a cage already,pick something to suit your enclosure

Shingle VS Beardy

Shingle uses fake fat head defense.
Beardy is confused and begins to become agitated.
Beardy tries to use lunge attack but in the confusion bites a log and gets a sore mouth, becomes more distressed.
Shingle doesnt move, starts thinking of veges on a platter with other pretty shingle women waving spinach leaves for him.
Beardy passes out due to stress and confusion
Shingle doesnt move, really wants food.
Beardy concedes due to the impressive tactics of the Shingle.
Shingle wins (still thinking about food without moving)

Buy a shingle. Its obvious

I would recommend that you go with the one you like more, If you have the tank set up for a Beardie then get a Beardie but if you really love Shingles then get those.
Sorry I wasn't much help, if it was me, I personally would go for the Beardies, they are so funny and interesting to watch. Once you get them set up right then they are healthy, entertaining and my little guy sleeps on me which is really cute.

I would recommend, if you can't make your own decision, don't get anything. Do you want a lizard, snake, croc, frog or turtle. Why don't you make up your own mind little lamb:D

bearded dragon! allll the way!
so much more energy! and personality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back