beardie scratching at enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacey

Reaction score
not sure if there is something im not doing right but my beardie scratches at the glass enclosure alot. today alot it seems. the temps are good and he is eating well, i even got him out for a run around thinking thats what he wanted but he still persists. :(

mine do it a lot, they just want to explore more.. if I open up the glass and put him on the ground he'll run around for hours..

Mine does that when he is hyped up after a feeding session or he just wants to explore. Once he was doing it when I was watching a movie, needless to say he stopped once I had him out for a bit watching it with me. :)

yeah my dragon does that too. And my baby blue tongue and shinglebacks. I always feel bad when i see them do it :(

Not only beardies do it when they want to be out for some people contact time or to get out and have a bit of an explore and cruise about. My blueys do the same thing, especially if they see me and I'm ignoring them or not quick enough to get them out for a nurse or to have some free range time.

They also scratch at the doors when they've deposited a smelly object in their enclosure too - ie get me out it stinks in here.

Last edited:
Not only beardies do it when they want to be out for some people contact time or to get out and have a bit of an explore and cruise about. My blueys do the same thing, especially if they see me and I'm ignoring them or not quick enough to get them out for a nurse or to have some free range time.

They also scratch at the doors when they've deposited a smelly object in their enclosure too - ie get me out it stinks in here.

and it always catches you off guard when you open up the enclosure to let them out :S

Do your blueys do it when its meal time? Mine goes crazy when he is hungry! :)

sometimes they can see their reflection in the glass and are sussing the reflection out

sometimes they can see their reflection in the glass and are sussing the reflection out

Especially when it's in breeding season and they think they see another male but mine realises that its just him after a while and goes away

Do your blueys do it when its meal time? Mine goes crazy when he is hungry! :)
yes then too.

My male gets very aggro at his reflection at times. LOL I have to take him out when he's cranky and calm him down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back