Best Time to Sex a Hatchie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Best Time to Sex a Hatchie?

Stiffler, hatchling Diamonds are very easy to sex by probing . Its when they are older that you need to be very careful. Its very easy to push a probe through the females scent gland walls given you a reading that is a male. Many a male Diamond has laid clutches of eggs :shock:

lol, maybe you are thinking of womas stiffler? I have heard these are harder to sex because they have shorter tails. Can you shed some light on this bigguy??

Cheers Alex

ok, that sounds about right bigguy. What age or size should you have your diamond sexed by?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Time to Sex a Hatchie?

Sometimes the hemepenes can show up on the slough. I have never seen it myself but it would be easy to pick out males based on the slough it would be a piece of cake.

angelrose said:
Dna testing from the slough perhaps.... this would surely be quite expensive thoguh, no?

Angel

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Time to Sex a Hatchie?

Hey Ether
How did you attach the dancing man in your sig?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Time to Sex a Hatchie?

So where do you send the shed skin to for DNA testing? And how expensive is it? I think we'll just go and see Tim at URS, it will be heaps cheaper? Cheers Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back