Binoe's Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRStoudemire

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey, im gettin sum binoes geckos soon n just wonderin if anyone got any n let us no wat they like or post a pic of the enclosure or sumthin ay, i wanna see how ppl got theres setup

also try learning how to spell properly, makes it easier to read and understand.

The ones i've seen enjoy hiding under bark! They're very little. And cute. I don't believe they're amenable to handling (like most geckoes) and would probably hide quite a bit, but i'm sure are quite a treat when they're out and about! Have you got any other herps?

Clone Geckoes

These are pictures of a Clone Gecko (related to Bynoe's Geckoes). This species is all female and reproduced by cloning itself. Being an obligate parthenogen, the individuals alive today are clones of the original members of the species which lived over 100,000 years ago :) Cool huh? :) This girl is about ten months old and about 11cm long.

All of the Heteronotia geckoes (there are at least five species, four of while are still usually called "Heteronotia binoei") can be kept in the same conditions, all are very easy to care for. My Clone Geckoes are all quite bold, they're often active during the middle of the day and feed right in front of you, even with the camera flashing right in their face. They're not great for handling, although I've played with a couple since they were little hatchlings and those aren't too bad.

I've kept all of the species which get called "Bynoe's Geckoes", there are some definate differences between them, but I wouldn't recommend any difference in care for any of them. They are all great feeders, these days I give them a diet of nothing buy dusted cockroaches, they live on sand and have something to hide in. I don't give them standing water, but I either keep the sand slightly moist or spray them from time to time - once a week if I'm lazy, every day if I'm not. It doesn't seem to bother them if they go for longer without being sprayed, but I get the best feeding, growth and reproductive rates if I keep them wetter (don't keep them on damp sand or you'll get problems).

Attachments

• about ten months old.jpg
    about ten months old.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Happy Sandstorm.jpg
    Happy Sandstorm.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Sandstorm poser.jpg
    Sandstorm poser.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Sandy.jpg
    Sandy.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 50
Kool thanks, yeh i got a stimsons python n sum northern green tree frogs, and beardies soon and hopefully sum of these lil fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back