Black Head Python in same room as Blue Tongue Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm moving into a new place this year and looking to acquire my first snake! I've always loved BHPs, but am concerned about keeping one in the same room as my Northern BTS. I've read that wild BHPs prey upon lizards, and BTS-BHP ranges overlap, so wouldn't be surprised if skinks are apart of the snake's natural diet. I'm worried about the lizard's scent constantly causing the snake to be in 'feed-mode,' which is something I definitely don't want, as I'm looking for a (relatively) handleable and trustworthy animal.

My snake and lizard enclosures may end up being side-by-side, but I could potentially make for 10-20 feet of space. I only have the one room to keep reptiles. Does this mean a Black Head simply won't work out for me right now? Or am I being paranoid lol? If not a BHP, I'd like to own a carpet, but would those be any better in this situation? Curious to hear some thoughts and opinions, thanks!

Latest posts

Back