Blue frog???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, how pretty. When i saw blue frog i thought it must be a poison dart frog. That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing

does anybody (by chance) know how this colour variation is bred, or where it arose

I've seen a few of them floating around as pets here and there.
It just depends I guess. As they age the do change colour a bit I think
**EDIT**No they're pretty common

Does anyone breed the blue phase in Australia? Im guessing that one is from overseas?

i have truly never ever seen one, and we have numerous frogs around our house.

in all of our drainpipes, and feeding off of the hordes of AHG's running around.

Last edited:
i have truly never ever seen one, and we have numerous frogs around our house.

in all of our drainpipes, and feeding off of the hordes of AHG's running around.

Its a fairly rare mutation, possibly more common in some areas though. My dad saw a patchy one a few months back, but unfortunately no pics :(

There is an excellent example in the latest "wildlife of Greater Brisbane" that has a few patches of green on it, but much nicer blue than the one in the link.

ty.

The way a few other replies were worded, i began to think this was something quite common and i was missing something.

Yes very special indeed :lol: Any pics? Was it patchy or full blue?

Full blue, but NOTHING like the one in the new edition of Wildlife of Greater Brisbane as you mentioned, that ones electric blue! Way better than the one in that link.

Unfortunately no pics. So I guess it didn't happen...

Blue frog;)
vfgjhgj.jpg

Very nice, ive only ever seen 2 blue caerulea & they were at a reptile expo in germany....& they wernt cheap !!

The only true blue frogs i kept were d.azureus
azurus4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back